Has anyone got this error?

I was wondering if anyone has received this error in MetaEditor:

'p13p11' - internal stack overflow-simplify the program, please

p13p11 is an int. in my program (one of many). Does anyone know how many integers you are allowed to define in mq4? I guess I have too many variables. Is there a way to list all my variables in another file and call them when needed? Thanks to anyone who might help.

Can you post the screenshot?

May be this link MQL4 documentation can help you

MQL4 Documentation

Scan:
Can you post the screenshot?

Thank you for trying to help, I don't have screen shot anymore due to changing the code. I had SO MANY variables that metaeditor would not allow it. I am now attempting to use arrays to get the job done.

I hope, everything will fine. Good luck.

Did you get it when you complied the EA or did the MT terminal crash when you tried to run it?

static:
Did you get it when you complied the EA or did the MT terminal crash when you tried to run it?

I got the error message when I tried to compile it. I have converted many of the variables to arrays, and now it compiles. I guess the "internal stack" is not full anymore. However, forward test of last 24hrs showed me the code is not working properly yet.

Here's my solution to: internal stack overflow-simplify the program

Hey programmers,

I just ran into this compiler error message as well, but I fixed it. (FYI, I'm using MT4, Build 220). For the benefit of others who happen to search for the error message and stumble upon this thread, here's how:

My code used to compile just fine, but then I added some new sections and got the compiler error:

'MYFONTSIZE' - internal stack overflow-simplify the program, please

Further down in my code, I had the lines:

ObjectSet(objName, OBJPROP_COLOR, MYCOLOR);

ObjectSet(objName, OBJPROP_FONTSIZE, MYFONTSIZE);

In my brand new section of code that I just added abovethese particular lines, I started commenting out portions of the new code and discovered the error was directly related to the numberof ObjectSet/ObjectGet/ObjectSetText commands. (My code has a lot!)

When I commented out just 1 newly added ObjectSet, the error message changed to:

'MYCOLOR' - internal stack overflow-simplify the program, please

Notice that "MYCOLOR" is used in the ObjectSet immediately prior to the next ObjectSet command with "MYFONTSIZE".

That gave me the clue that I had too many ObjectSet commands and had exceeded some related stack.

My newly added sections of code were repetitive in nature, and so I was easily able to define a new procedure and then call it multiple times. In other words, my code was somewhat flat, but I could just as easily perform the same steps by adding one level of hierarchy. Once I did, the compile problem was solved!

Pips4life

Reason: