Need help : Let's build United EA - page 3

upload the indicator

Just want to share...

ryanklefas:
So , what's going on with this one, Tiger Wong?

Thanks for your attention, ryanklefas.

I found a bug with this UnitedEA_v1.0.

As you can see at the attachment, the EA works perfectly as in "Case 1" when silvertrend_signal, BBands_stop, and Heiken Anshi appears together in one candle. But in "Case 2" and "Case 3", it wont open any trading position since silvertrend_signal didnt show up together with the two other indicator. Of course I dont want the EA opens new position since the other indicator not confirm yet, but after all confirm, it wont open a new position.

And I think there must be a good trailing stop strategy for this. Many opportunities to get more pips disappered because we must close it too early.

With my capabilities, I just can edit an EA that was already worked without knowing how it works (flow chart maybe?). So, I cant check how this EA works exactly. I need your help, guys...

Btw, pls redownload the indicator of bbands_stop_v1 in post #4 since its name is different from the indicator that used by this EA ( or you can edit the name in the source code )

dreamer:
hii...thanks for the indi and the EA....i'll try to forward test the ea next week.... do you have a result for this week using this EA?

hii dreamer,

I havent forward test this EA because there is a bug that has not solved yet. If you want to check the backtest, please see the attachment.

tiger_wong:
Thanks for your attention, ryanklefas.

I found a bug with this UnitedEA_v1.0.

As you can see at the attachment, the EA works perfectly as in "Case 1" when silvertrend_signal, BBands_stop, and Heiken Anshi appears together in one candle. But in "Case 2" and "Case 3", it wont open any trading position since silvertrend_signal didnt show up together with the two other indicator. Of course I dont want the EA opens new position since the other indicator not confirm yet, but after all confirm, it wont open a new position.

And I think there must be a good trailing stop strategy for this. Many opportunities to get more pips disappered because we must close it too early.

With my capabilities, I just can edit an EA that was already worked without knowing how it works (flow chart maybe?). So, I cant check how this EA works exactly. I need your help, guys...

Btw, pls redownload the indicator of bbands_stop_v1 in post #4 since its name is different from the indicator that used by this EA ( or you can edit the name in the source code )

Hi tiger_wong,

Just looking at the chart, maybe you might be able to enter trade when BBands_stop, and Heiken Anshi appears together and exit on silver_trend and/or Heiken Anshi changes colour. Also make it so that it can only enter 1 trade at a time. This way we might get more pips but also will losse some as well. This is just an idea.

basza:
Hi tiger_wong, Just looking at the chart, maybe you might be able to enter trade when BBands_stop, and Heiken Anshi appears together and exit on silver_trend and/or Heiken Anshi changes colour. Also make it so that it can only enter 1 trade at a time. This way we might get more pips but also will losse some as well. This is just an idea.

hi Basza,

Your idea is same as mine... but I still need confirmation from SilverTrend_signal, even the signal is too early in some case. No matter the arrow appears at few candle before, that is fine for me. For exit point, we can adjust at the EA. There are some option to exit beside trailing stop. We can set up the exit point based at silvertrend, heiken ashi, or bolinger bands stop. See at the my previous attachment, you can find that I was using silvertrend for exit.

I think the problem now is to repair the bug and find good strategy for trailing stop. That would be great to minimize loss and maximize profit. This EA could be use for any pair but we have to find the best setting for each pair.

I have replaced the default trailing stop with my own. I have also changed the way it checks the SilverTrend indicator so it will work like Tiger Wong wanted it to.

Files:

ryanklefas:
I have replaced the default trailing stop with my own. I have also changed the way it checks the SilverTrend indicator so it will work like Tiger Wong wanted it to.

That is a great job, ryanklefas ! Thanks for your effort. That is what I need exactly, help from codermaster. I will back with report from my backtest asap. Hopefully, we found a profit system. Cheers!!!

Are you aware that silver-trend redraws its past?

Yeh hes right the silver trend its not even real, it just puts dots everywhere to look like it wins on any chart people put it on.

Ive tested it extensively and the points it gives signals at are just rubbish, its all over the place.

I think was made like this to scam people so they see it on chart and think wow look at those good trades and then buy it.

But it moves the dots all over the place so its no good.

The price_channel_signal from igorad based on asctrend system is a bit better but it seems thats similar to his other one trendenvelopes, which is profitable on longer tf's but does have losing trades and DD in ranging periods however the larger trends it finds makes up for these and gives some profit.

Shinigami:
Are you aware that silver-trend redraws its past?

do you mean "shi_silver_trend" ? from my experience, that indicator is repaint due to higher / lower price in the next candle.... and that isnt a mistake. I cant say much longer for shi_silver_trend, maybe ND can explain further.

Since I am using higher TF (1H), all signal that happened was almost fix for my system. Beside, I am using some indicators not just one. So, they are working together to filter the signal. The power of my system is, unity of some great indicators to catch a strong trend.

Anyway, thanks for your input.

Reason: