General - page 1738

Please , can anyone tell me the code for this: "close a trade after 5 bars" Thankx Carllos
I would like an EA to do the following: 1. If no open orders, open 1 buy EUR/USD and 1 buy USD/CHF at the same time. 2. Orders should be at 40% of account balance (needs to be manually adjustable). 3. EA closes both orders at a gain of 1% of account balance when opened. No stop losses, no targets,...
Good afternoon all I am desperate search for and indicator that will draw a trendline at opposite angles to that which I have drawn. Attached you see the solid white line is the one I have drawn, and it then tells me the angle. I would like this indicator to then draw the dotted white line at...
I use this indicator and looks good to trade. Can anybody add buy/sell order commands for an running EA? Thanks #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 3 #property indicator_color1 Sienna #property indicator_color2 DeepSkyBlue #property indicator_color3 Gold //---- input...
  open remote file  (5)
Hello, I want to open a file that is hosted in a server, http://someserver/file.csv for example. How can I do this? ( Fileopen seems only work with a subdirectory) Thanks
Hi there. Hoping for some assistance with an EA and connecting to a mysql db. I'm connecting at present using the libmysql.dll and some code found on MT4 forums (see below). What I'm having a nightmare with is returning and viewing the result set from a simple select query. I can update the...
Can anyone recommend/supply an indicator that will give an audio and pop-up alert whenever realtime datafeed is interupted due to internet server connection fault? If you can, I would very much appreciate it. johnny
  MT4 Download  (3)
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and would like to know if MT4 can be used without signing up for a demo, if so do I need a password.
Hello, I am new to this forum as well as trading and I have been playing with metatrader 4 now for a couple days, but I cannot get custom EA's to work right. I have been following the FifthElement's thread about his Blessing EA and I love what I have read so far. Here is my problem. I load this EA...
  Draw time line  (1)
How do i have an automatic line drawn at 9:30 am every day ?
Is there any way to sync the trendlines and fib lines drawn on the desktop, to the mobile pocket pc station
I had been using the same Metatrader4 since the time I had these MQ4 files compiled. They had been working fine for quite sometime until lately where they would just prevent MT4 from even staying up - it would crash immediately upon startup. Has anyone been experiencing any such issues? The...
  Crash Report  (1)
Below is crash report I received whilst testing. I changed time frames from 30 min to 15 min when it occurred. There has been a critical error Time : 2007.05.12 06:40 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 204, 25 Apr 2007) Owner : Alpari Ltd. (MetaTrader -...
Is there any way to pass a Win OS environment variable to an indicator or script? For instance, is there any way I could get %PATH% read into an indicator as a string? This is obviously not what I ultimately want to do, but I am running an AutoIT script and would like to pass some information from...
  publishing chart  (1)
Hi, Does anyone know how i can publish my metatrader chart just like they did during the competition? The competitors charts and trades and history were published? How do I do that? Any suggestions? Thanks. Dojisan
Hello, i do not find asctrendline indicator : can you please tell me where i can find it. thx icek
  Market hour  (2)
Hi, I am looking for an indicator that maps when the various market opens and closes. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks
[Deleted]
  GOLD signal  (10)
Hay all again now i have short GOLD 672.10 2 trades 1st TP is : 663.10 2st TP: Let it run
  All Whipsaw indicators  (25   1 2 3)
can you please post any whipsaw indicatotrs that you have. Thank you in advance
im getting a error code with my ea ( 4109 ) can anyone explain this and how to possibly correct it?
hi, i'm fairly new to the whole forex thing, i was wondering if there were any good ACTIVE forex chat rooms out there?
[Deleted]
i want to add some demo accounts to metatrader4. what are the ip addresses and ports for some servers other that ibfx? If anyone could be so kind as to provide them. Thanks
Hello Scorpion, Can you (or someone) on the forum please modify the attached indicator (OR CREATE FROM SCRATCH) so that I can manuallly input a high and low value and when these values are reached the histogram would be green when above the high value and red when below the low value and when...
Hi guys, Im busy testing a system and i was wondering if its possible to make an indicator that changed the colour of the price candle when a certain criteria is met? For example, i have a moving average and a MACD histogram on my chart, when both of them turn upwards(the slope) i want the price
Hi, For one custom Indicator, I lost the Input tab in Properties window!!! There are several "extern" defined and sometime back it was working correctly. Now this tab does not appear and it is very difficult to change settings for different charts. For all other indicators I can see the Input...
is looking impressive. has taken 8 trades in 10 days and only has one loss. Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaawwwww is this possible/ or will it flop the second I go live?
[Deleted]
How can I test for the symbol that is being traded so I can run an if statement to round my entry price? I need to use the NormalizeDouble command to round the price for 4 digit and 2 digit currencies. The OrderSend command won't accept a currency that is not rounded to the approriate decimal....
What does this message mean?
[Deleted]
if any body has an indicator or expert that is similar to this please could i have a look at it. thanks. basically if there is 3 bullish bars in a row it buys if there are 3 bearish bars in a row it sells. once it has bought or sold it must put a stop at -10 pips and must take profit after 10 pips...
  trailing SL  (2)
CAn someone please tell me how to change SL and TP after you are already in a trade using mtatrader 4 demo? Cheeers