General - page 1438

In my opinion, every trade you consider should be laid out ahead of time with a roadmap. A complete map should have an “off ramp” or a place where it makes sense to enter the market. It should also have exits for your destination (profits) as well as off ramps for emergency exits. This part of your...
I would like to use this thread for Newbies, Intermediate traders and Expert Traders all around the world for all to benefit and get the feel of the market. Before I publish any kind of Technical Data or any kind of analysis on this thread I would like to introduce myself to you all. Here you go-...
Hi guys, i have a question about backtesting in MQL5. is it possible in an optimation-backtest to export every signal to Excel? so if there 10 backtests in an optimation, i would like to analyze every Signal(acting) in Excel. Thanks! - Lucas
I'd like to use the number of limit buy orders but it is systematically set to 0 in backtest; is this parameter not accessible in backtest ? is there a broker offering MT5 & demo account where this parameter can be accessed ? thanks, Nicolas
In this article we will discuss about the correlation between DOW and EUR/USD. We will see if this correlation exists. We will try to find if it is true that both markets share the same money and people. We will find that all these are true. Some chart examples will help us understand why. We will...
In this article we will discuss about a widespread, well-known key element of technical analysis. Why do you think technical analysis especially some elements work so well for financial markets? Why do you think Fibonacci levels are usually strictly followed? Because thousands and billions of...
Hello, I am BoomBoom and new user in this forum. This forum is very interesting forum and all my friends fan in this forum. Thanks.
Journal:2012.03.09 11:50:00 Network '771863': terminal synchronized with MetaQuotes Software Corp.2012.03.09 11:49:59 MQL5 Cloud Network connection failed2012.03.09 11:49:59 Network '771863': previous successful authorization performed from 58.253.218.85 on 2012.03.09 04:39:582012.03.09 11:49...
  Moral Hazard  (3)
Before we get to the moral hazard piece, I have to mention rollover. Thursday is the first day of rollover, which is when the March ES futures contract changes (rolls) to June. We call it “top step” in the pit. In the past we would trade the new June contract on its first day (Thursday) but now...
Folks from TSD-Forum, Our currency analysts will update this thread with Breaking News, Forex Technical and Fundamental Analysis, as they happen. I hope you find this valuable and if you have questions, please feel free to contact us. About Tradervox.com The fast growing world of Foreign Exchange...
How could I get access to the actual bars data. What ist the idea behind this. In MQL4 i can get these informations with High[i], Low[i], ... In the doc i have seen a lot of copy commands. In OOP normally i have to create an object, then access with a method or a variable of this object. Thank you...
  Beginner's guide  (8)
What are all the different plans that a beginner need to have before the start the forex trade? Your valuable points add the beneficial guide to the beginners to learn more!
Hi guys, Im new to this forum and new to coding aswell. I have a strategy thats worked very well on H4 charts. If i give out all parameters , could I please get some help in trying to code it somehow? Thank you in advance
I have already signed up for a demo account just to get familiar with the 5 platform.  I am interested in going live but can not find how to do that.  I thought I had seen that as I was processing the demo.
In October 2011 we triumphantly announced the release of the MetaTrader 5 for Android mobile trading platform. With this trading platform anyone has the opportunity to trade on financial markets, watch out for quotes in real time and view the history of performed deals. However, the platform...
Hi mates ı installed MT5. I have already all charts but after pc format ı have installed again this program. But now there are only money currencies. Gold, silver etc. are missing. How can I obtain these charts. Please Help about this.
  Eagles Trading Journal  (18   1 2)
I trade forex mainly through technical analysis, so stay tuned for some gems.
Since I set the /portable option in the MetaTrader station link properties, I find it natural to have the option to start it in Portable mode from the MetaEditor's Activate Terminal button. Past years formed the reflex of clicking on Activate Terminal, and it's nasty to close it every time and...
Stop orders are often used to try to protect profits. Take the stop order to another dimension and use it to reverse your position and open another trading possibility! When you place a stop order, it is only activated if the market trades at or through the stop price. These stop prices are...
  Trading ideas  (17   1 2)
The trade market is getting fluctuated result in terms for gain and loss.... What are all the ideas do you in to trade in forex? Share for the beginners to gain even loss happening in the trade!
  which one betar  (4)
I want to destroy a checkgroup and reuse it later, but when I re-create it, the old items reappear. I use to destroy: m_ckg1.Destroy(); Delete(m_ckg1). Where am I wrong? Unfortunately there is no way to delete the items first before destroying the checkgroup. How do I solve this
  Bilo Run EA  (4)
Here is Bilorun ea that I got from a trading competition I joined. It requires a code before it can work on live acc, so I was hoping someone can educate it. Bilo Run EA - Minus
I have looked at www.prorealtime.com. It has some really great scanners, automatically draws in Support. Resistance and Trend lines and a whole lot more. Is there a site that has the equivalent tools for MT4
It seems that something new in the "old" metatrader 4 is happening. According to a post from 28th of February 2012. In the post, following is said : New MetaTrader 4 build 415 has been released We have released the new MetaTrader 4 build 415 with a lot of changes and improvements. Now we invite...
After submitting a buy-limit, or sell-limit order, the documentation suggests you can check the number of open buy/sell orders (including limit orders). However using either the below approaches. SymbolInfoInteger(_Symbol,SYMBOL_SESSION_SELL_ORDERS) CSymbolInfo symbol; symbol...
Yesterday I said “Wednesday’s data will be bigger than Tuesday’s data which are; GDP, Chicago PMI, Beige Book, and Ben Bernanke speaks to Congress. Moreover, we will get the results of the European LTRO – Act 2. Although some are saying the LTROs are not the QE equivalent of Ben Bernanke, it is....
In the section of technical analysis we have presented the stochastic oscillator. We have talked about what it is, how it is calculated, what its graphic representation is and how it influences trading decisions. We have also showed some examples of charts and we have explained the correct signs...
Auto WOMP is another trading system I started last week. Still very new with much potential. Track my results until you are comfortable trading my signals. Auto WOMP is an EA trading the EURUSD currency. I activate the ea at 04:00 GMT every day of the week and close it as soon as it has made it's...
EUR/USD Hit by Wave of Profit Taking Last Updated on Thursday, 1 March 2012 04:49 Written by FxTT Analysis Department Thursday, 1 March 2012 04:49 EUR/USD: European Central Bank’s cash injection passed without a surprise and Fed Chairman Bernanke’s testimony failed to signal new measures to...