Why bulls vs bears and not chicken vs duck

How did they come to decide in forex and other finance stuff that bull vs bear was more suitable than other animals?

In Italy the ant works and the grasshopper sings! 

Hi

There are many explanations to this. You can search for the etymology of these words but it seems that there is no final answer to your question.

See here for example: http://www.fool.com/FoolFAQ/foolfaq0047.htm

Good luck!

Fool.com: Fool FAQ - Bulls and Bears
  • www.fool.com
Birds and badgers? Not bad, but we seem to be stuck with bulls and bears--at least it's better than the Democrats--they got stuck with a donkey! One common myth is that the terms "bull market" and "bear market" are derived from the way those animals attack a foe, because bears attack by swiping their paws downward and bulls toss their horns...

Bull push victim, bear drags victim....It's a matter of how they make their kill.

Market trend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Market trend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • en.wikipedia.org
A market trend is a tendency of a financial market to move in a particular direction over time.1 These trends are classified as secular for long time frames, primary for medium time frames, and secondary for short time frames.2 Traders identify market trends using technical analysis, a framework which characterizes market trends as predictable...

cheinvest:

Bull push victim, bear drags victim....It's a matter of how they make their kill.

A goat also pushes and a vulture pulls so it can be goatish and vulturish too :-\

tonny:
How did they come to decide in forex and other finance stuff that bull vs bear was more suitable than other animals?
Bulls strike up with horns, bears stand, and strike down with paws. You mean, you do not see the bulls and bears in the charts?....(-: .. I need to go now..gotta deal with the monsters under my bead.

cheinvest:

good comparison. my long standing doubt was over.
Reason: