Newbie Question

I'm looking for a way to automate stock trading but I don't want it based on an algorithm.  Is there a way to use meta trader 4 or 5 to say, for example, buy stock A at $50 and set a trailing stop at say .1.  If for example price continues to rise to 52 then reverses, trailing stop kicks in and stock sales at 51.90.  I then want 51.90 to become my new "buy" price and have the process repeat itself with the trailing stop etc.  Not wanting to discuss the strategy itself, just the technical possibility of doing this?  I'm trying to figure out how the meta trader platform works and the EA's.  How does this work through a broker? If this can be programmed and executed I have no problem paying a programmer for the job but I will post that in the jobs section once I figure out the basics here.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Subluxator:

I'm looking for a way to automate stock trading but I don't want it based on an algorithm.  Is there a way to use meta trader 4 or 5 to say, for example, buy stock A at $50 and set a trailing stop at say .1.  If for example price continues to rise to 52 then reverses, trailing stop kicks in and stock sales at 51.90.  I then want 51.90 to become my new "buy" price and have the process repeat itself with the trailing stop etc.  Not wanting to discuss the strategy itself, just the technical possibility of doing this?  I'm trying to figure out how the meta trader platform works and the EA's.  How does this work through a broker? If this can be programmed and executed I have no problem paying a programmer for the job but I will post that in the jobs section once I figure out the basics here.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

There is no problem to program that with mql5. Ask in the Jobs Section.

will do.  Looking for basic information on the mql5 also, any links?

Subluxator:

will do.  Looking for basic information on the mql5 also, any links?

How to start with MT5/mql5.

Hey Guys, sorry I haven't responded back.  I was exploring another platform that would allow me to execute this type of trade with no luck.  My big issue with meta trade 4 and 5 is it seems pretty complicated?  My questions:

I can trade stock correct?  When I look at the program all I see is Forex info.

If I can trade stock, and I can get one of you to write the program I need (and I can test and back test it for confirmation), how do I use I to do actual trading?  Do I need to work through an online broker or do I get direct access somehow?

I've looked every where for tutorials on meta trader and I can only find Forex stuff, all Youtube videos are Forex based.  Help? 

I'm very serious about figuring this out, just need some help and direction.  Please PM me or post back here, I will try and check back at least daily. 

Subluxator:

Hey Guys, sorry I haven't responded back.  I was exploring another platform that would allow me to execute this type of trade with no luck.  My big issue with meta trade 4 and 5 is it seems pretty complicated?  My questions:

I can trade stock correct?  When I look at the program all I see is Forex info.

If I can trade stock, and I can get one of you to write the program I need (and I can test and back test it for confirmation), how do I use I to do actual trading?  Do I need to work through an online broker or do I get direct access somehow?

I've looked every where for tutorials on meta trader and I can only find Forex stuff, all Youtube videos are Forex based.  Help? 

I'm very serious about figuring this out, just need some help and direction.  Please PM me or post back here, I will try and check back at least daily. 

MT4 doesn't allow to trade stock.

With MT5 you can, but you have to find a broker who provides what you want. See this topic.

Reason: