Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 454

When I run strategy tester,on my local agent, the agent cpu usage showed on "agents" tab increate quickly and the test is down with cpu usage up to 100% and status change to busy. even i run easy strategy like example moving average EA,like this: it went wrong agent status after cpu usage...
I downloaded MT5 and performed the installation. I was able to get the sample EA to work and display arrows. Every subsequent execution locks up and is not running. I did an uninstall and reinstall and it did the same thing again. The EA makes a connection then appears hung and not progressing,...
Can someone sled some light into the day light saving on the back testing data? With the data on metaquotes, is day light saving being applied? It is hard enough to develop an expert advisor, we all have to deal with all these extra factors like day light saving changes and etc. Currently, I have...
Does anyone know how to import or download data for MT5? It seems that I can not backtest beyond May 06, 2010. Under Tools, Options, Charts, I have set the max bars in chart to Unlimited. I still cannot get a Daily or 5 minutes chart to go pass May 06, 2010. I guess if I cannot  look at the...
  Event Handling  (2)
Hello All, I'm working on a project that would allow me to take all of my clients data and put it to a web server (mySQL). Now Ironically enough, it was easier to figure out sending this to a mysql server than just trying to figure which event to use. I would have to say thanks for this article...
I'm new to metatrader/mql 5 and trying to build a basic expert advisor that trades the M5, but must monitor the daily high and low and also the H1 candlestick chart. The only way I can determine to monitor multiple timeframes/charts at once is by building an indicator for each timeframe other than
Under the new mql5 system for referencing indicator values, you must create a global array, indicator handles, copy the buffer, and set the array as series. If i'm trying to reference indicator values across 12 currency pairs, must I do this for each different currency? This seems rather resource...
We've made a last minute decision to enter the competition. We've been working over the weekend to port one of our MT4 EAs, and we've hit a problem. The EA Magic Number is not being applied to any of the closing deals, only to the opening deals. Here's an extract from a log: RO 0...
I want someone to help in trasfering this ea  to work in MT4 Expert2EMATime.ex5
First, I am running only version eatrader.ex5 on this pc without mq5 source, how can the log show as Zero divide in 'eatrader.mq5' ?? Second my ea was working fine on previous build, and the backtest is ok too. but on this built when i run it in live mode..what is the problem here ? then expert is...
I have tried hard but have not found a solution. I am creating a multi-currency advisor and want to have a stand-alone class object for each pair instead of a mess of functions on global scale.
What's the best way to scale-out of position in Mql5? I prefer entering through 1 order and then scale-out through multiple targets For eg. Entry, Buy_Stop 2 lots at 1.2627 SL: 1.2584 TP1: 1.2647 - Exit 1st lot TP2: 1.2667 - Exit 2nd lot I also tried scaling-in by entering two orders with...
void OnTick() { //--- PrintFormat(TimeToString(TimeCurrent())); PrintFormat(Bars("EURUSD",PERIOD_H1)); } //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ Bars from 2010.08.12 05:00:00 to 2010.08.27 23:00:00 are missing. IJ 0 Core 1 22:03:10 2010.08.12 05...
After making a small change to an EA and recompiling, I get garbled output in the result window as well as incorrect trade opening/closing. The small change I made was a simple change to the variable names for MA indicators. I have defined several variables as the values of various MA indicators...
In MT4, I used to be able to generate several GBs of log data (with the Print command), in order to check the values of variables and make sure my rules are correct using the "every tick" method. In MT5, the backtester generates incomplete truncated logs, even when using the "open prices only"...
Hi guys! Is it possible to automatically  raise event every x milliseconds? I want my EA to run every x milliseconds and not every tick, therefore i thought maybe i can raise event every x milliseconds .  
One more issue with pending orders and backtester... I put 2 pending orders and then OrdersTotal() = 0 when 1 of the pending orders is opened OrdersTotal() = 1. According to the MQL5 reference OrdersTotal() should give the number of all orders including pending orders not only the open positions,...
MT4 EAs shows markers when opening/closing positions take place. MT5 does not show them. Am I missing something? Shouldn't this be automatic? The markers are shown in backtesting but not in live trades I do not want to create an object for this... please help.
I make the following code for a pending order but then it seems that the order doesn't expire after 1 hour in the backtester Any idea why? request.action=TRADE_ACTION_PENDING; request.magic=1234; request.symbol=_Symbol; request.volume=Lots; request...
First of all I know that in the journal a lot of info is missing and I have to check the agent logs. I am talking about the agent logs here. When I have my code without CopyLow or CopyHigh I see all ticks called If I do ArraySetAsSeries(Low,true); if (CopyLow(_Symbol,PERIOD_M1,1,60*2,Low) != 60)
Hello: I have an "MT-4" Expert Advisor that I am thinking about converting to MT-5. The EA uses correlations (multiple pair correlations for the pair being traded) and because of this, I have never been able to strategy test it. Can the MT-5 Strategy Tester test such an EA? Can it handle...
I think it is so useful for me thanks
We are proud to announce that Expert Advisor Visual Wizard Pro will be released soon. Create expert advisors in MQL5 for MetaTrader 5 in minutes. No coding is required. No MQL5 programming is needed. Presale Promotion: Buy Expert Advisor Visual Wizard Pro for MetaTrader 5 between August 26 and...
Hello, Is there a function that counts the number of bars that is being shown on the current chart? Thank you.
[Deleted]
I just set deviation = 5, but my ea gets requoting 120 pips..;; What is the problem?
like topic, I like the function like MT4, can view the graphics object while testing.   thanks
Hi, i modified the MACD Sample ea, make's it buy or sell close when macd goes from <0 to >0, sell or buy close when macd goes from >0 to <0. bool CSampleExpert::LongClosed() { bool res=false; if (m_macd_previous> 0 && m_macd_current< 0 ) { //--- close position
Hey everyone, I was thinking today if it is possible to build an indicator action library using the object oriented programming in mql5 ? Let me give an example: Let's say I'm programming an EA that enters the market shortwhen the EMA trend of period 34 is smallerthan zero, and the MACD Signal...
I have a trailing stoploss EA that I use to just close positions. The code I have drops the SL price along with other info in the EA log. The issue I have is with the code I use to close the order. For some reason it makes it to the expressions as if the CPositionInfo::Select() and the