Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 305

Split Array  (4)
Good afternoon! I am struggling to split an Array (A) of Size e.g. 10 into two other Arrays (B and C). Array B should contain all even elements of A and C, apparently, all odd elements of A. Example: A = [5, 4, 7, 2, 9, 6, 8, 11, 25, 17} -> B = [5, 7, 9, 8, 25] C = [4, 2, 6, 11, 17] Best!
Hello, I am looking for an arbitrage EA that also has LMAX feed. Please kindly PM me.
Please, could anyone help me, please? When I'm traying to use cloud network to optimize an EA I get this: 2018.01.05 05:48:50.921 Tester obsolete version of imported module "PipTick_Volume.ex5" should be recompiled before using in Cloud Network...
  Error 4401  (2)
Hello there, I have developed a customized chart indicator for MT5 and I need to get the previous day close price for it. Since MT5 doesn't have a quote field for that information (as far as I know), I'm using these functions to do so: CopyRates(_Symbol,PERIOD_D1,0,2,Buffer) and CopyClose(_Symbol...
Hi, I have a VPS with Win 2008 and a PC with Windows7 and I usually code on my PC, commit changes to storage and update in the VPS. I have reinstalled my PC and after I log with mql5 credentials in the editor, I cannot see my files in the storage anymore. Moreover, if I copy the same code in the PC...
Hi there, i am looking to combine multiple strategies in one EA and have it trade the net position. for example the first pass requires a total position of 9 contracts: the EA buys 9 the next pass requires a total position of 10 contracts: the EA buys 1 (9+1=10) the next pass requires a total...
Looking for a mentor to learn MQL4. My level: My MQL4 level is beginner and MQL5 level is zero.  What did I learn: I did YT MQL tutorials and then programmed basic EA's combined with indicators for Strategy Tester.  Afterwards I realised that it's more efficient to learn C++ first. (because it's the...
  Crash handling  (4)
Hey folks, i am thinking about a recovery after a unexpected crash such as application crash or a power outage. So far i know yet, if a EA is assigned to a chart window and you reopen MT, it will still remain there and do there work. The question is, what is with the object variables. Does MT do a...
Hi, Apologies in advance if this has been raised before as I am fairly new to MQL4. I'm trying to automate backtesting and I am kinda getting there. So I am kicking off another instance of MT4 Client to run the strategy tester in accordance with the article https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1467,...
HI There I would like to know how to get the Previous days high and low when trading on lowwer time frames. Thanks
GBPJPY from 2007-2017. other pairs also works. << screenshot deleted by moderator >>
If I use the same terminal for multiple accounts with VPS and EAs then they get mixed together and all accounts use all EAs. So do I have to download a separate terminal for each account that I want to use?
Hey all, I've been strategy testing using on close of candle rather than every tick as it's quicker and at the moment I am just getting the code to do what I want it to do before then properly testing with every tick. I have tried every tick a few times and find it takes out less trades than when on...
Hi there, has anyone an idea - sorry, a solution - how to figure out the window handle of the chart window when the tester is running in MT5? Thanks in advance
I'm having multiple issues using my back tester. As I try to solve these problems, another one pops up. My EA runs on daily bars, EXCEPT stop losses and a trailing stop. One of the errors which occurred about 9,000 times on a back test was:    TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 63362...
  Function to start a EA  (23   1 2 3)
Hey all, is there a way to start a EA out of a class ? I know i could handle multiple instance within a EA but i want a spereate name space and process, means i can detach a specifc EA and don't interrupt other EA's. Or like i have a situation where i want to start a specific EA: EA ea_instance =...
hello Sorry i can not speak english well how can i disable feature popup message box in mql4 i want message box without popup . like Alert thank you
I've looked around for an answer but I cannot find anything that works for me. The following doesn't work on meta trader 5: ZeroMemory(mrequest); mrequest.action = TRADE_ACTION_DEAL;                                  // immediate order execution mrequest.price = NormalizeDouble(latest_price.ask...
I have a trade system that I want to backtest in MT4 however I cannot get the EA to correctly implement the indicator that generates the buy/sell signals.  I have built many EA for testing, including some that use custom indicators, but have never come across this particular issue.   The Trade...
hi i am working with mt5 and now the empty value is double in mt5 and not constant . can any one tell me why meta quote change the empty value :-) Regards Muhammad Mudasir
Hey all, Been looking at using a MA or support resistance indicator to using in my EA but none are as good as me drawing in key support resistance lines. So, is it possible to get an EA to recognize horizontal lines you have manually drawn onto the chart, and what would they be named as standard,...
Hello, Can you help me to calculate the levels of force index for each symbol? The levels for GBPUSD is: top_level=20, bottom_level=-20 The levels for BTCUSD is: top_level=100000, bottom_level=-100000 What is the formula for calculate the levels for each symbol? The formula of force index is: FORCE...
Hello, I'm trying to draw an DRAW_COLOR_SECTION with sections missing or colorless. I tried this code but it's missed. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                        appDRAW_COLOR_SECTION.mq5...
Hi all, Recently took a rather large loss in my automated trading with an EA operating on a VPS. However, when evaluating and back testing the same EA, on the same currency pair, the error did not occur and in fact took a rather nice profit. The error stems from a trade being opened at an incorrect...
  Last two orders  (1)
Hello! Help please, how can determine that the last two orders were closed by StopLoss?
Hello, could someone convert this code fragment to mql5? Mainly "ObjectSetText" if (waveDirection[i] == 1) {             ObjectCreate(0, volLabel, OBJ_TEXT, 0, time[waveChangeBar], low[waveChangeBar]-shift);             ObjectSet(volLabel, OBJPROP_ANGLE, -90);             ObjectSet(volLabel,...
Hello, [MQL5] I try this script. With F5, Debugging, I got the following error message " Array out of range". Why ? Thanks in advance, Pierre //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                     TestBars.mq5...
  reverse mode  (2)
can i add reverse mode in any EA?????
Hello, Is it possible to join Python 3.X with Metatrader? I found on internet that links are done only for 2.6-2.7 versions.  And of course none of them are working for Python 3.5 version.
Hi to all, my experts they all worked but since yesterday I can not drag any expert on the chart and I get the message that it is not possible to load the expert. Do you have any advice? thank you