Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 304

Hello! Thank you for having a look at this thread! I'm looking to use multiple EAs on the same symbol and the same timeframe but each EA has its own magic number. Could someone give me a short algorithm which will close an open position which was open by a EA which has its own unique magic number?...
  PositionType()  (10)
Hi, I'm very new to mql5, so I apologize for struggling on this simple topic already. I found an EA that is supposed to open a buy-order when: int signal = 0 &&  PositionType() != POSITION_TYPE_BUY or a sell order for: int signal = 1 &&  PositionType() != POSITION_TYPE_SELL For some reason the...
Hi All ! Please how to use spaces in inputs / extern , like this window in this Picture . Thanks for the help.
Hi.. I am engaged with developing EA. I need to get the coordinates of the cursor to be able to combine the mouse position with key pressing to offer some menu to users in working with this EA. I need to do it without clicking the mouse. As after clicking the mouse I can get the X and Y coordinates...
Hello, I have a few questions as I do have trading manually experience but need to trade with EA automated due to working full time now. I have programming experience in NinjaTrader programming, but NT does not support cryptocurrency data feed market and I would like to trade this market now, and I
  Time frames  (4)
Please can someone give advice on the following - When using EA's does the automation work on whichever time frame you have open at the time or are they pre-programmed to a fixed specific one? Thanks, Jannie
Hello! Thank you for taking your time took look at this thread. I'm having an issue with the CTrade class SetExpertMagicNumber function. If I write something like trade.SetExpertMagicNumber(12345), how would I be able to print that result out so I'm sure that trades made with that particular EA have...
I have a side machine with 8 cpu cores that I use to run strategy tester agents. It has metatrader5 on windows server 2012 with nothing else running.I've set up 8 agents with the strategy tester manager.When I run the first couple optimization tests everything goes well, cpu maxes at 100%.But then...
Hi, I've tried a lot of code variations, but no matter what i shows me some random values. Can anyone explain how to get these values? #property copyright "Copyright 2018, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property link      "https://www.mql5.com"#property version   "1.00"#property strictint...
Hello, i still have problems to get HistorySelect properly. Basically, HistorySelect does not return orders latest place. They can be seen in the history tab but are not reflected through History order list. Find attached a simple EA proving this. Simply open a position with BUY or SELL...
  EA Recomendation  (1)
Hello. Can somebody can recommended good EA which make between 5-10% a month. I don't want any seller advertising on this topic I would like real users using EA least 6 months with good results.  Thank you for any help. 
hey does anybody know the best way to avoid synchronization issues when following a signal? Things seem to be going fine, and then periodically there will be an error which will cause either a partial or total close of an open trade. I have the same broker and leverage as the signal provider
[Deleted]
I think that this question worries a lot of people, I would like to get an answer to it. My robot has made a brilliant robot, that produces results as on the pictures or much better. Looked carefully system Market. Yes, it's cool if the owl is in the "Popular" category, and even on the first page
hi In mql4 for counting seconds from the start of the minutes we have Seconds() What is the equivalent of this function in mql5? In other words, how can I have in a mql5 seconds in a minute
  Selling EA  (2)
Hi, Just one question: If I gave a programmer to develop an EA, can I sell it on the market? Thank you!
Hello I am using MT5 for optimizing my own Expert Advisors. After you get the optimization's result, there may be several parameter sets that match your choosing criteria to select some of them for backtesting check up. I export the optimization report to Excel in order to filter those that are...
  Heiken Achi  (1)
Can you guys cod so an EA can see if a Heiken Achi candle has a flat bottom/top without any pin?
Testing on a long period wil take long time and then discovering we dont like the result. So i put the ExpertRemove when there is a condition that i do not like. In this way i do not need to wait all the current test but i have a problem: how can i know if the task was stopped by the condition or...
  Split Array  (4)
Good afternoon! I am struggling to split an Array (A) of Size e.g. 10 into two other Arrays (B and C). Array B should contain all even elements of A and C, apparently, all odd elements of A. Example: A = [5, 4, 7, 2, 9, 6, 8, 11, 25, 17} -> B = [5, 7, 9, 8, 25] C = [4, 2, 6, 11, 17] Best!
Hello, I am looking for an arbitrage EA that also has LMAX feed. Please kindly PM me.
Please, could anyone help me, please? When I'm traying to use cloud network to optimize an EA I get this: 2018.01.05 05:48:50.921 Tester obsolete version of imported module "PipTick_Volume.ex5" should be recompiled before using in Cloud Network...
  Error 4401  (2)
Hello there, I have developed a customized chart indicator for MT5 and I need to get the previous day close price for it. Since MT5 doesn't have a quote field for that information (as far as I know), I'm using these functions to do so: CopyRates(_Symbol,PERIOD_D1,0,2,Buffer) and CopyClose(_Symbol...
Hi, I have a VPS with Win 2008 and a PC with Windows7 and I usually code on my PC, commit changes to storage and update in the VPS. I have reinstalled my PC and after I log with mql5 credentials in the editor, I cannot see my files in the storage anymore. Moreover, if I copy the same code in the PC...
Hi there, i am looking to combine multiple strategies in one EA and have it trade the net position. for example the first pass requires a total position of 9 contracts: the EA buys 9 the next pass requires a total position of 10 contracts: the EA buys 1 (9+1=10) the next pass requires a total...
Looking for a mentor to learn MQL4. My level: My MQL4 level is beginner and MQL5 level is zero.  What did I learn: I did YT MQL tutorials and then programmed basic EA's combined with indicators for Strategy Tester.  Afterwards I realised that it's more efficient to learn C++ first. (because it's the...
  Crash handling  (4)
Hey folks, i am thinking about a recovery after a unexpected crash such as application crash or a power outage. So far i know yet, if a EA is assigned to a chart window and you reopen MT, it will still remain there and do there work. The question is, what is with the object variables. Does MT do a...
Hi, Apologies in advance if this has been raised before as I am fairly new to MQL4. I'm trying to automate backtesting and I am kinda getting there. So I am kicking off another instance of MT4 Client to run the strategy tester in accordance with the article https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1467,...
HI There I would like to know how to get the Previous days high and low when trading on lowwer time frames. Thanks
GBPJPY from 2007-2017. other pairs also works. << screenshot deleted by moderator >>
If I use the same terminal for multiple accounts with VPS and EAs then they get mixed together and all accounts use all EAs. So do I have to download a separate terminal for each account that I want to use?