Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 299

Hello, I am write MT5, and would like to encode some data files, So i create the 2 routine for encode and decode password for testing, however the decode is not come when pass data between 2 routines, Please advise what is the wrong! .. int OnInit() { uchar crytPWD[]; PassWord_Encode("455555"...
  about expert  (2)
i am useing expert on demo it working but when i deleted expert and  when i buy it on real acount it is not work ?
Hello everyone, I'm not very new at EA programming but since I tried to program one by myself it never worked because of the strategy I think, I tried to use basic Ichimoku strategy or Pivot Points but I never had an EA that worked.. Sometimes in the strategy test, I had some benefice on a period...
based on MQL5 reference: when using CopyBuffer, CopyHigh, CopyOpen, CopyClose, CopyLow, CopyTime, CopyRates, etc. : No matter what is the property of the target array - as_series=true or as_series=false, Data will be copied so that the oldest element will be located at the start of the physical...
Good day everyone I want to develop an Intelligent machine learning strategy powered by EMA and SMA  moving average intersection at One hour time frame. How can it be able to execute trades at point of intersections either Bullish or Bearish. I appreciate good responses.
Hey friends, i am a bit in trouble with the "PositionOpen" function. I want to use the "price" parameter in combination with the "order_type" parameter to accomplish a pending order. So I gave "ORDER_TYPE_BUY_STOP" as order_type and expected the function to create a pending order for my specified...
Hi, can someone help me out. I have an ea with 2 strategies. Now i want that i can enable/disable the strategy in the ea. How can i solve this. as you can see in the picture above i have add an input bool Str 2 = true; How can i hide the inputs for the strategy when it is false? And when i switch on...
Hi all, I've always traded using MT4 with a Spread Betting account, however I have recently opened up a real FX account. Just wondering if the account leverage (50:1) is factored into the back testing results? Hope you can help!
Hello, Please, I am using the copyticks to check the ticks for buy and sell. When I read the values of the Volume and Price Last ticks, they are zero. For the Brazilian market is working, but for the Forex does not. Code: CopyTicks (_Symbol, last_tick, COPY_TICKS_INFO, 0,1); I can not use
Comments that do not relate to the "double variable with wrong decimal cases", have been moved into this topic.
Hi everybody, I'm building an Expert Advisor to work with FOREX and I'm using the following code to load an MqlTick structure array. The function works right but "last" and "volume" values of the MqlTick structures are always zero during the whole day. Does anyone know why? Thanks in advance. Bye....
I am trying to export symbol rates to a CSV file using this code, that works fine for symbols that work with 3 decimals (like CADJPY), but not for those that work with 5 decimals (like AUDCAD): void OnStart () { string symbolName = Symbol (); //o _Symbol ENUM_TIMEFRAMES period = Period
Hi guys, I have faced a problem which I really worked on but I couldn't solve it. I want to partially close a position by pending order, the reason I want to use pending order is I want it as an SL but Partial SL. I wrote the code below but pending order results new position an doesn't affect the...
Hi All, I work with MQL5 and i make statistics to know when its most likely for an event to occur and i get consistent results mapped to an hour of the day, but at what time zone does this data belong ? as i run my program on a AWS machine, which is different timezone, and i want to know how to
  error?  (3)
   switch (MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MINLOT)) {  illegal expression
I want to get the last 5 bar high in MQL5 how to do it? THANKS
After the last unsolved mystery of MT4 tester peculiarities here comes the next. Wonder if forum gurus could take a look and give their wise opinions. After noticing some promising posts and links here on FFT and SSA and Alglib I decided to try myself as well. So, I integrated Alglib to my dll. Got
Hello! I am a bit confused about the volume param in the PositionOpen function https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/tradeclasses/ctrade/ctradepositionopen The function definition does not give you any info on it, so I do not know what the volume is based on but I am guessing that it means...
my code works in strategy tester but does not work in live...Please assist//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                     t2018_21.mq5 |//|                        Copyright 2018, MetaQuotes Software Corp....
Hi again. Just read almost all I could find in forums on timeframe topic and got confused a lot. What I don't understand is : why even people ask what timeframe they tweak their EA to ? or why is it even important to have an EA for a specific timeframe and only use it on that TF ? why some people...
I've been mind-sketching an experimental EA for a few weeks now. i'm currently working on some sort of intelligence and learning abilities of the EA. so that it gets better and better on each trade it makes and each signal it finds. have done similar programs in other languages but MQL is still...
Hello, I am looking for an MQL5 EA that can serve as a base to implement my own strategy. A kind of MQL5 EA skeleton. Thanks. Pierre
is the following code fail-proof for the mentioned purpose? datetime RightNow;int SESSION_TIME_LIMIT = 3; // in hoursOnInit(){datetime StartTime = TimeCurrent();EventSetTimer(15); // timer tick set to 15 secondsvoid OnTimer(){        RightNow = TimeCurrent();        if(SESSION_TIME_LIMIT !=...
Hi, I am not a Professional in coding and I created an EA based on ZigZag and When I tested the EA I received the error code 4806 and the tester became very slow (5min candle took 20 minutes and more) because of double high or low as you can see in the photos: And MetaEditor tell me there are no...
Hit at all, I'm studying a simple EA taken from the example: Simple Expert Advisor https://book.mql4.com/samples/expert. I wrote the code from scratch (for a better understanding), following the same procedure of the framework, the same trading systems, same trading criteria, values parameter etc....
Hi, I need a simple EA to open a buy/sell order once it reaches '5' pips on any side from open price and close the trade at the end of the candle and repeat the same in the next candle. Also the stop loss and take profit to be defined. IF there already an EA available for this. Pls share, need it...
I am hearing from a couple traders that small brokers frown upon the use of trading robots and treat orders placed by robots differently; i.e.that orders placed by a robot get worse execution than those placed manually. Does anyone know anything to this effect? Have you ever had such an experience
Buy odh sell, how is the code for this? I have $ 10000 and I'm willing to risk type 2% (= $ 500) of this on a single trade. I want to calculate how much (lot) I can trade when StopLoss is placed. Also taking into account the existing spread. Can apply to both bay and sell orders. Thank you for tips,...
Hi!  I have recently developed (i think) good EA, but I need someone to help me improving the code. There are some errors, and the EA doesn't execute all orders. Would someone do the test for me too because i think i dont have a complete history data for GBPUSD for which this EA was designed.  I'll...
[Deleted]
Guys maybe you can help me with this code that in MQL4  is working as expect but in MQL5 I receive some chinnese characters that I dont understand: void OnStart()  {//---      int handle=FileOpen("test.csv"...