Buying EA, it is mine forever, even if seller stop updates?

Hello everyone. 

I know this may sound a bit silly, but I have a very important (to me) question.

If I buy an EA from MQL5 market , it is mine forever?I mean, even if the seller stops updates/stop selling the EA?

Buying the EA I have it for "all lifetime"? 

Thanks a lot guys! 

Hi, yes, EA will be yours forever.

Even if seller will delete EA from market - you still will be able to download and install it using MetaTrader Market window.

But if you will run out of activations - then you will not be able to install EA on a new computers anymore, obviously.

Dr. Trader, 

sorry for this late response.

I'm very glad to see your answer to my question.. that was what I wanted to know for long time

Thank you very much for your help!!  

I personaly think this is ridicolous, I bought a few indicators from the market, and I had some problems with my VPS, and had to do a reinstall a couple of times. I also installed it on my home pc for testing purposes, no I only have 1 activations left?!? I will not buy anything from the market any more, I only do freelance stuff so it's mine and can install without this hassle!!!

krayh:

I personaly think this is ridicolous, I bought a few indicators from the market, and I had some problems with my VPS, and had to do a reinstall a couple of times. I also installed it on my home pc for testing purposes, no I only have 1 activations left?!? I will not buy anything from the market any more, I only do freelance stuff so it's mine and can install without this hassle!!!

What exactly do you mean by: "I only do freelance stuff". Does that mean you make your own EAs or you buy from sellers directly from outside the MQL5 market place? It's not a very helpful option if you have bought a very complex EA from a good programmer and you've been making good profit from it. A lot of good programmers only sell on MQL5. 

My approach is to be very frugal with activations and be careful not waste any by installing on many different VPSs that you are likely to change. You need to keep as many spare as possible. Another idea is to purchase additional activations of EAs that you trade as a backup.

Reason: