Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals - page 75

neozbr:
is there any way to limit to 5 orders opened maximum on mt4 sended by a signal even if the signal send more than 5? any script or ea just to reduce to 5 orders maximum to stay opened and if tries to open more than 5 close any order instantaneously? is it possible?
Neo, its possible, but only a truly certified trained magician like me will know how, so PM me! (PS: just kidding abt the magician part)

thrruss:

Hello,

I'm trying to find out an EA that would detect that my MT4 is not connected to my mql5 signal subscription and then sends me an email.

Sometimes my metatrader is not connected (I don't know why), and that makes me loosing signals.

Thanks 

One easy way is to register a free acct with myfxbook. Download a small EA. This EA DOES NOT trade, it updates mt4 statements periodically. Set alarm to send an alert email when statements failed to update within 10mins. The default uploading of statements to myfxbook is 5mins. There are commercial EA available, but imho, you r wasting your $ coz mt4 usually starts happy on its own

If you are still facing a lot of disconnect issues, pls find out whether any of these apply to u

1) Using a demo acct. Some brokers dont much care regards their demo server and disconnect is more frequent

2) Using a b-shop broker

3) Using a lousy VPS

If u r still lost abt what to do, PM me

ufss:

Hi,

I would like to ask somebody, that how can i see which time zone have set to my mql4 profil? I see some signal's history, and it is hard to match to the chart, because my server time is different than my computer's, and i hope the mql4 timezone is not different.

Thank you for your reply 

One easy way is to set your VPS time to be in tune with your broker's time, its easier to understand when trades have taken place. If you are not using VPS, then you should consider having one that cost less than USD$10 per mth (PM me).

Provider may use another broker with different GMT offset than your broker. After tallying the first few trades u will get used to the time differences b/w providers and your trades. You cant just switch your vps time to your provider's time as you may hv run a few signals against a few of your trading accts. These signals may have different broker's time as well. So its a matter of the first few trades and tallying of results. Once u get used to it, its not a pain. Use an Excel to keep track of your signals and their broker's time difference eg, +2, which meant 2hrs ahead of your broker's time. It does not mean that u hv to visit each provider's broker website just to find out that time difference. The first few trades will tell u that much quicker.

I hope this helps. (PS: If you only hv ONE signal, find out the time difference and u can switch your VPS time to provider broker's time. But you then had to re-orient yourself to tally trades against your broker's time. Its still somewhat inconvenient.)

If I deposited $100 here in my MQL5 account, can I copy a signal right away via MT5 platform?

Hello People

I was subscribing one of the signal from MQL5.com earlier last week. Then I stopped the signals last week. From this week, I would like to provide my own signal using my own expert advisors from the same live account.

Then from MQL5.com, I get the message saying it is prohibited to resale the signals.  However, I already stopped the signals last week. So I don't know why I am getting this message.

Currently my live account is not connected to any other signal but I am only using my own expert advisors.

Do I need to change to new account to provide my own signal service ? or is it just temporary problem  which will be fixed with time?

Thanks in advance to share your thoughts.  

Kind regards.

mikebinan:
If I deposited $100 here in my MQL5 account, can I copy a signal right away via MT5 platform?
You sure can

FinanceEngineer:

Hello People

I was subscribing one of the signal from MQL5.com earlier last week. Then I stopped the signals last week. From this week, I would like to provide my own signal using my own expert advisors from the same live account.

Then from MQL5.com, I get the message saying it is prohibited to resale the signals.  However, I already stopped the signals last week. So I don't know why I am getting this message.

Currently my live account is not connected to any other signal but I am only using my own expert advisors.

Do I need to change to new account to provide my own signal service ? or is it just temporary problem  which will be fixed with time?

Thanks in advance to share your thoughts.  

Kind regards.

Hi FE

That "feature" is there for a reason. Lets say you subscribed to a really successful signal for a few months, then stopped that signal and started your own signal on the same account. All of the history of that account is available for all to see and it looks like that is the history of your new signal, not the one you were subscribed to before.

So the short answer is, you will need to open a new account with your broker and provide your signal from the new account (that should be simple and instant if you have a good broker). Which is something you should always do anyway :) Hope that helps

Cheers
Filter

Filter:
Hi FE

That "feature" is there for a reason. Lets say you subscribed to a really successful signal for a few months, then stopped that signal and started your own signal on the same account. All of the history of that account is available for all to see and it looks like that is the history of your new signal, not the one you were subscribed to before.

So the short answer is, you will need to open a new account with your broker and provide your signal from the new account (that should be simple and instant if you have a good broker). Which is something you should always do anyway :) Hope that helps

Cheers
Filter

Thanks for your quick reply.

How I understood was that signal service will normally records the trades from the day of signal registration.

You mean that all historical trades from my previous signal will be recorded on the first day of my new signal ?

Is it how signal service works, really?

Kind regards.  

FinanceEngineer:

Thanks for your quick reply.

How I understood was that signal service will normally records the trades from the day of signal registration.

You mean that all historical trades from my previous signal will be recorded on the first day of my new signal ?

Is it how signal service works, really?

Kind regards.  

No worries mate :)

When you hook your account up to be a signal, it will pull in all old trades, not just the ones from the date you register the signal. To try it yourself, just hook up one of your old demo accounts to be a private signal and have a look.... ;)

Cheers
Filter 

Filter:
No worries mate :)

When you hook your account up to be a signal, it will pull in all old trades, not just the ones from the date you register the signal. To try it yourself, just hook up one of your old demo accounts to be a private signal and have a look.... ;)

Cheers
Filter 
Thanks. Then I should create new account. :)
Reason: