Signals. Account monitoring.

Hi all!

There's a problem here with the adequacy of account monitoring. In reality it is very unclear and inconvenient to analyse.

The "Gain" chart is based on the balance(closed positions). And how to find out the real profitability (taking into account open positions), I do not understand. The real drawdowns are incomprehensible, too.

How do I understand the degree of capital utilisation, the leverage used?

In general, the use of balance for profitability estimation stimulates inadequate behavior of signal providers (overlapping losses). But if you look at nice charts of providers in the rating, click on the chart and you see incomprehensible equities, deposits/withdrawals... And only through experience do you understand that it's rubbish:). And if you don't have experience, you may not even understand it...

In general, there is a suggestion to make a profitability chart taking into account open positions. And if possible, to show the actual leverage used by the provider.

Perhaps this question has already been discussed? I could not find it, I do not believe, that nobody pay attention to it :)

There was the optimum answer to all-in-all questions of this nature. There it is:.

In terms of adequacy and visibility of monitoring - no better service, no need to overload, imho.

onedollarusd:

There was the optimum answer to all-in-all questions of this nature. There it is:.

In terms of adequacy and clarity of monitoring - no better service, overload is not necessary, imho.

I agree with only that "overload is not necessary". :)

notsure:

Well, I only agree with the "no need for overloading" part. :)

As for the real yield - you need to look at equity at the moment) That's all.

onedollarusd:
As for the real yield - you need to look at equity at the current moment.

not everything. There are also inputs/outputs. But it certainly clarifies things a bit. But so, "by eye".

And I would like to be able to see the returns, rather than the balance sheet rolls, when scrolling through the rankings.

notsure:

not everything. There are also inputs/outputs. But it certainly clarifies things a bit. But so, "by eye".

And it would be desirable to see not balance rolls, but yields, when scrolling through the rating.

Yes, filtering by equity. But. It would not make sense.

Why?

Until you close your positions, neither equity nor balance is important.

Because it's an intermediate result, not the end result.

%nedollarusd:

Yes, an equity filter. But. It doesn't make sense.

Why not?

As long as you haven't closed your positions, neither balance nor equity is important.

Because it's an intermediate result, not an end result.

There are no intermediate results here. There is only the state of the account at any given time. And if you have a 50% drawdown onopen positions, it is not some "intermediate result" that you can ignore, but a real lack of 50% of funds.

It's not the first day I've been interested in the question :). And I, in general, have no doubts that the graph "Growth" built on the balance is extremely uninformative, and sometimes misinformative. That is why I suggest replacing it with the profitability chart based on open positions.

By the way, maybe there is a special thread for these suggestions?) Maybe I'm knocking on the wrong place :)?

notsure:

there are no intermediate results here. There is only the state of the account at any given time. And if you have a 50% drawdown on open positions, it's not some "intermediate result" that you can ignore, but a real lack of 50% funds.

It's not the first day I've been interested in the question :). And I, in general, have no doubts that the graph "Growth" built on the balance is extremely uninformative, and sometimes misinformative. That is why I suggest replacing it with the profitability chart based on open positions.

By the way, maybe there is a special thread for these suggestions?) Maybe I'm knocking on the wrong place :)?

Забанили Советник и Аккаунт без причины!
Забанили Советник и Аккаунт без причины!
  • www.mql5.com
Доброго времени суток. Меня Забанили...

notsure:

In general, there is a suggestion to make a profitability chart taking into account open positions. And if possible, to show the actual leverage used by the provider.

On the "Funds" chart, both equity and balance are shown. What does the actual leverage mean? Can the leverage used be different from the one published on the signal page?

notsure:

Hi all!

There's a problem here with the adequacy of account monitoring. In reality it is very unclear and inconvenient to analyse.

The "Gain" chart is based on the balance(closed positions). And how to find out the real profitability (taking into account open positions), I do not understand. The real drawdowns are incomprehensible too.

How do I understand the degree of capital utilisation, the leverage used?

In general, the use of balance for profitability estimation stimulates inadequate behavior of signal providers (overlapping losses). But if you look at nice charts of providers in the rating, click on the chart and you see incomprehensible equities, deposits/withdrawals... And only through experience do you understand that it's rubbish:). And if you don't have experience, you may not even understand it...

Perhaps this question has already been discussed? I cannot find it, I do not believe that nobody pay attention to it :)

There are articles -

----

Быстрая оценка сигнала: торговая активность, графики просадки/загрузки и распределения MFE/MAE
Быстрая оценка сигнала: торговая активность, графики просадки/загрузки и распределения MFE/MAE
  • www.mql5.com
При поиске Сигнала подписчики в первую очередь ориентируются на общий прирост на торговом счете Поставщика, и это, в общем-то, логично. Но при этом также важно принимать во внимание потенциальные риски, которые несет конкретная торговая стратегия. В этой статье мы покажем, как просто и наглядно можно оценить заинтересовавший Сигнал с помощью...

Vitaliy Maznev:

In the Funds chart, both equity and balance are shown. What is the actual leverage? Can the leverage used be different from the one published on the signal page?

Equity and balance is a bit different. There are inputs/outputs that mix things up. Just need a correct return indicator/chart. At least as much as on a flapper.

And actual leverage is the actual ratio of the value of open positions to the funds in the account. Sometimes it is called "leverage". Sometimes it is considered leverage - the ratio of the amount of open positions to the maximum possible. But given that all providers have different leverages, leverage is not our option. We want "actual" or "leverage in use".

Reason: