PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 38

Floating Positions

Hi Don,

I should thank you very much, now I understand more regarding this one. Furthermore, is there any certain way to make it a bit lower on opening floating positions, as it's too much I thought. I believe that if this EA could manage lower floating position nicely, then it could be much more promising in using it.

Currently I have tried to use it with real my real mini account, and sometimes the floating worry me much as it could take more than 50% of my balance even sometime grew bigger more than the equity...

Thanks for your help anyway.

don_forex:
This variable is used to limit the amount of margin that is used. If it is 40, then 40% of the account balance is used for margin. 20 = 20%, 100 = 100%. This is then split 50/50 for buys and sells. Once the margin is used up for either buys or sells, then it isn't supposed to set any more of that kind of order. Don

Float

Jodie,

All you can do is increase the spacing and use 0.01 lots and 0.01 or less on the increment. I would maybe suggest 0.005 increment, then only every other order would increment by 0.01... 0.01, 0.02 (0.015), 0.02, 0.03 (0.025), 0.03, 0.04 (0.035), 0.04 and so on... An increment of 0.001 would increment every 10th order...

Just run optimizations with different settings. Sooner or later you might hit a nice combination...

Don

This Promising One

Hi Don,

Thanks again for bothering you, especially after I've modified a bit with addtional pips spread lock and its spacings, the results are slowly getting better and better, and now my real account has been growing not much with choppy graphic look, but it's more or like, it's saver than any other EA I've ever used. Especially during the last Non Farm Payroll things, when other EA got collapse, this EA done something great and take profit higher than any other day.

Unbelievable Don, I really hope that you could improve always, so our friends here can use it for their real account as well to make a bit profit.

I'm thanking you always, and warm regards,

Jodie

don_forex:
Jodie,

All you can do is increase the spacing and use 0.01 lots and 0.01 or less on the increment. I would maybe suggest 0.005 increment, then only every other order would increment by 0.01... 0.01, 0.02 (0.015), 0.02, 0.03 (0.025), 0.03, 0.04 (0.035), 0.04 and so on... An increment of 0.001 would increment every 10th order...

Just run optimizations with different settings. Sooner or later you might hit a nice combination...

Don

jhp2025:
Hi Don,

Thanks again for bothering you, especially after I've modified a bit with addtional pips spread lock and its spacings, the results are slowly getting better and better, and now my real account has been growing not much with choppy graphic look, but it's more or like, it's saver than any other EA I've ever used. Especially during the last Non Farm Payroll things, when other EA got collapse, this EA done something great and take profit higher than any other day.

Unbelievable Don, I really hope that you could improve always, so our friends here can use it for their real account as well to make a bit profit.

I'm thanking you always, and warm regards,

Jodie

Please can you write me your settings? And which pair is most profitabel?

situation?

Hi

which version of pipmaker is more secure? (i not like martingala)

Which cross,tf is best?

Please post yours result and update first post

thanks!

derekz:
Hi

which version of pipmaker is more secure? (i not like martingala)

Which cross,tf is best?

Please post yours result and update first post

thanks!

As far as I'm aware, none of the Pipmaker EA's martingale. The main problem they have is that when the currency pair start to range, floating losses quickly build up faster then they can be be closed, resulting in a margin call...

On the plus-side, in a non-ranging market, it does great!

why is not present a security stop loss (high stop ...but present) on every order?

which differenze from v9 and v5 ?

The most profitable one

Hi erdenmensch,

The most profitable one is GBPUSD, then EURUSD and USDCHF, then tho most lousy one is the USDJPY, it has biggest floating ever from the beginning. I don't know why since the settings are the default one as resommended by ceroOnda and Ron.

That's all I can tell you.

Jodie

erdenmensch:
Please can you write me your settings? And which pair is most profitabel?

Best pairs

Jodie,

absolutly agree for now with your statement.

GBP/USD and EUR/USD have made good progress and profit, while USD/JPY is in a sort of whipsaw.

I am testing GBP/JPY with different settings on a ECN account and this pair, even though whipsawing as well has done the bulk of the profits.(pipspacing 25)

Trending pairs will always perform better in closing out the losers, we will see whether USD/JPY starts to resume a stronger trend.

Janus

Which ECN account you are using?

Reason: