Looking for patterns - page 56

Vitaliy Maznev:

In your logic, the candles don't work either. And you can disregard time altogether. Let's assume so. Except that we found out earlier that ticks have no practical meaning at all in forex. And your rank bars are based on ticks. How does this fit into your logic? And a second question: if you would deny the lack of practical value in ticks in forex, then describe your logical conclusions. I'm wondering how you work without regard to candlestick analysis, without regard to timing, and generally at the level of separate logic-in-itself?

Range bars are based on distance traveled, not ticks.

Ivan Butko:

If price has hit that level three times and approached it a fourth time, is that not a rationale?

Visible in hindsight. The simplest test is to build trend lines at the two extrema and watch how the price goes over them in the future. My answer is 50/50.

Fast235:

the flag doesn't work either?

Doesn't work how? Graphics, it's a matter of doing what you want.

danminin:
CHUVASHOV IS A PAMM MANAGER WHO LOST HIS ACCOUNTS.
What does that have to do with losing? He was trading a neural network. He never applied his techniques and strategies to his pammas.

I've been watching him for over 10 years now. I remember him from that very Chuvashov fork.

His techniques are classy, they are clear and formalised. But, they're not grail, like the whole mcl base.

I have repeatedly warned him that MMs a la 20/80 (TP/SL) with up to 30% risk and up to three open trades in a row will not do any good, as well as constant overoptimization which makes no sense. Twice warned, and so, on a black Thursday in January 2019, his miracle neuro-networker again opened three trades in parallel with a risk of 30% per trade (stop), and the price rallied without news. All 17 of the 17 pamm accounts with total balances of several hundred thousand dollars were drained between 60 and 95 per cent.
All the platforms were getting angry about it. Then he finally prohibited his Expert Advisor to open more than one trade and started retraining it for four months using several servers. I have once again reminded him that it is useless, we need to change the basis, he argued that his programmers know better. As a result, he sank again by 30% and could not recover, after which he turned off monitoring. I then told him to either create an expert advisor for TAACH and other EAs, or just find a pro manager and start looking for investors.
We have been working on this for more than six months and now he is looking for managers and advertising them.

So his Forks, Ranges, Trends and even his own formalized wave analysis have nothing to do with losing PAMMs.

Макс:
Range bars are based on distance travelled, not ticks.
Range-бары строятся следующим образом: как только размах колебаний цен (High-Low) внутри текущего бара достигнет заданного порогового уровня, 
с приходом нового тика выше High или ниже Low сразу начнет строиться новый бар. 
В результате все бары будут иметь примерно одинаковый размах колебаний High-Low. 
Но при этом период времени, в течение которого будет строиться каждый из баров, будет различным для каждого бара.

Source -https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/125923

You do have to understand the principles of what you are preaching.

But I don't deny that as a supplementary tool it may well be used. The question is different. You deny everything in a row referring to some logic. At the same time you yourself do not show any logic. Logical separatism is justified when there is some basis behind it. Behind your logic so far is just a typical expression like "I am d'Artagnan and everyone else is...". If you deny something, expand your logic and offer an alternative. Then it can be taken seriously.

Range Bar Chart - торговля без "шума"
Range Bar Chart - торговля без "шума"
  • www.mql5.com
В 1995 году бразильский трейдер и брокер Висент М. Николелис мл. разработал фундаментально новую систему изображения на графике ценовых баров...

Макс:
You can see in hindsight. The simplest test is to build trend lines at two extrema and watch how the price will go along them in the future. My answer is 50/50.

Do you know how to draw trend lines?

There is a request to those who follow the topic here:

If anyone actually uses the Range Bars, please describe your observations. The man here has spoken out, but I haven't found anything sensible in his posts.

These Range Bars are something new to me. And having previously read, I found serious disadvantages in using this visualisation format. Especially abandoning everything else.

On the one hand these render bars get rid of so-called noise in movements. But on the other hand there is a lot of meaningful detail in this noise.

Another point is that if we consider intraday trading, these noises are nearly the most important thing in charts. Perhaps in the long term the rank bars are really more relevant. And I'm not sure that there are those who give up everything else in favour of them.

Is there anyone out there who can clearly and intelligibly describe what is what?

Vitaliy Maznev:

Source -https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/125923

You do have to understand the principles of what you preach.

But I don't deny that as a supplementary tool it may well be used. The question is different. You deny everything in a row referring to some logic. At the same time you yourself do not show any logic. Logical separatism is justified when there is some basis behind it. Behind your logic so far is just a typical expression like "I am d'Artagnan and everyone else is...". If you deny something, expand your logic and offer an alternative. Then it can be taken seriously.

Is this some kind of scab?) Everything we see on the chart is made up of ticks. Candlesticks made of ticks, bars, rencos, ranges, equilibrium, equilibrium.
I wrote about the principle of the structure of the ranks. Not what they are made of.

What, 56 pages and not a single pattern yet?

Макс:
Is this some kind of sceb?) Everything we see on the chart consists of ticks. Candlesticks made of ticks, bars, rencos, ranges, equal-volume, equal-volume.
I wrote about the principle of the structure of the ranges. Not what they are made of.

OK, maybe I didn't get it right. Well, how about describing their advantages and arguments as to why they are better than anything else?

I'm just thinking: bars and candlesticks are built by time. In the case of the Range Bars, exclusively ticks. I've read in other sources that the bars are adjusted by the number of ticks. Plus if you set aside time, and the ticks themselves do not carry anything specific within forex, then many things are called into question altogether. I don't know where the banter is, but it's not a matter of principle.

Here's another interesting quote from the developer of the indicator based on the Renge Bars:

График Рендж баров в его классическом варианте должен строиться на основе тиковых данных, 
но так как на сервере нет таких данных, построение возможно только на основе данных по барам стандартных таймфреймов. - https://www.mql5.com/ru/market/product/3851

I.e. there is a lot to think about here.

Reason: