Crowdsourced GUI. Open beta testing. - page 35

Alexandr Andreev:

In this case, you need to know the names of all the elements by heart, but here in the file everything is already generated

As you can see from the video, you need to know the names of the elements in any case. In principle, this is logical.

But I do not understand how one can give meaningful names to controls by oneself. Apparently there is no way.

Alexandr Andreev:

Well, it's easier to remember your own variables than to learn someone else's.

In general, thecode should have a minimum of global variables all implemented by passing chunks of memory and processing multiple values at once. It makes sense that ..... .... .... HH tried to cut out words related to objects directly.

In general, it's easier to use regular colbacks.

The video showed that Petr has built ALL of them with global variables.

The message processing function is the only one for the whole program and only value is sent to it.

This single function checks for changes in all available controls that are in the global array. And the spoilage of this function will grow as the number of elements on the form increases.

Peter stated that you won't have to dig into his code: well, that's exactly the mess you'll have to dig into very seriously. This could be easily avoided if on each case Peter generated default event method passing type, name and value of the control. Then the whole thing would be easily handled in the body of the main EA.

Алексей Барбашин:

As you can see from the video, you need to know the name of the elements anyway. This makes sense in principle.

But I don't understand how you can give meaningful names to the controls yourself. Apparently there is no way.

Elements which have text on them - buttons for example, you can write names directly on them (double-click), or in the second top entry field on the properties panel. Other - only in name field on property panel. There you can also specify the name of the windows (uppermost field).

Реter Konow:
And what do you mean by environment?

markup language

The video clearly showed that you can't get a value from a specific control at a specific location. The value can only be retrieved at the moment of a change event in that big sheet. And all because there is nothing to refer to as there are no objects...

Pyotr said it would take at least a year to modify his code at least slightly... I'm not so sure about that. Regular editing of texts, which is what chunks of code are, will allow you to replace one thing with another in them very quickly. But that's a completely different song...

To name an element in the property box, the element must be in focus. Simply put, it must be clicked on and all its properties will be displayed in the properties panel and will be available for editing. This is the classic approach of vis editors.

Реter Konow:
Elements that have text on them - buttons for example, you can write the name directly on them (double-click), or in the second top entry field on the properties panel. Other elements - only in name field on property panel. There you can also specify the name of the windows (uppermost field).

Revisited the video again - yes, that's right, sorry I didn't notice right away. It's really a classic approach. The name of the element and the text on it (content) may not be the same.

Алексей Барбашин:

The video clearly showed that you can't get a value from a specific control at a specific location. The value can only be retrieved at the moment of a change event in that big sheet. And all because there is nothing to refer to as there are no objects...

Pyotr said it would take at least a year to modify his code at least slightly... I'm not so sure about that. Regular editing of texts, which is what chunks of code are, will allow you to replace one thing with another in them very quickly. But that's another story...

Eh, I guess I will have to make another video... I forgot to show how to retrieve item values. The same call, only with empty brackets, returns the current value of the element.

There is also a possibility, by the same call to change colours and states of the element.

Today I will make a small demo in a gifka.

Реter Konow:
Eh, I guess I'll have to make another video... I forgot to show how the EA gets the value of elements. The same call, only with empty brackets, returns the current element.

When you open the editor, I don't understand why you don't "spread" the "properties editor" and "element library" panels out to the edges of the chart, and why do they overlap each other? It's a small thing in the global flow of course, but it's something that catches the eye.

Реter Konow:
Eh, I guess I'll have to make another video... I forgot to show how the Expert Advisor gets the value of elements. The same call, only with empty brackets, returns the current value of the element.

It's also possible to change the colours and states of an element with the same call.

I'll make a little demo in a gif today.

Ah, well, yes, you could have guessed that, I was dumb. Since everything in your program is based on global variables and there's no concept of context, of course anything can be obtained from anything at any place in the program.

Reason: