Errors, bugs, questions - page 3017

Andrey Dik:
how to make the indicator appear in the background, behind the candlesticks?

in the graph properties, tick the "Graph from above" checkbox

Andrey Dik:
how do I make the indicator appear in the background, behind the candlesticks?

I thought it was only newbies on the forum that were cluttering up the whole forum with one of their questions.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

In the properties of the graph, check the "graph on top" box

Alexey Viktorov:

I thought it was only newbies who were cluttering up the forum with one question.

any moron can do that))

how to do it in the indicator code?

i asked the developers, the code allows to draw the chart on the foreground/background, but the indicator itself isnot drawn onthe foreground/background. it is more logical to draw the chart as they need it, not the chart.

Andrey Dik:

any idiot can do that))

it was a question for the developers, you can make the chart on the foreground/background with the code, but the indicator itself isnot drawn onthe foreground/background. it is more logical for programs to draw it as they need it, not the chart.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ 
//| Отправка терминалу команды на показ графика поверх всех других.  | 
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ 
bool ChartBringToTop(const long chart_ID=0) 
  { 
//--- сбросим значение ошибки 
   ResetLastError(); 
//--- покажем график поверх всех других 
   if(!ChartSetInteger(chart_ID,CHART_BRING_TO_TOP,0,true)) 
     { 
      //--- выведем сообщение об ошибке в журнал "Эксперты" 
      Print(__FUNCTION__+", Error Code = ",GetLastError()); 
      return(false); 
     } 
//--- успешное выполнение 
   return(true); 
  }

Vitaly Muzichenko:

That's not it. It is to make the chart active - to move the focus to it. If there are many charts open and their tabs do not fit in the chart window, then this will make the tab of the specified chart active and visible, and this chart will be displayed on the screen.

If the price chart in the chart should be in the foreground, then this property must be set: CHART_FOREGROUND.

Andrey Dik:

any idiot can do that))

it was a question for the developers, you can make the chart on the foreground/background with the code, but the indicator itself isnot drawn onthe foreground/background. it is more logical for programs to draw it as they need it, not the chart.

Here:
Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы графиков / Примеры работы с графиком
Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы графиков / Примеры работы с графиком
  • www.mql5.com
Примеры работы с графиком - Константы графиков - Константы, перечисления и структуры - Справочник MQL5 - Справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

I would very much like to know more about a contract property such as

SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_PROFIT

Calculated tick value for a profitable position

double

In what currency is the profit calculated?

For which lot size?

With which formula?

As the tests have shown, it is a total mess: some rules for currencies, others for metals, and still others for indexes and equities?

Artyom Trishkin:

That's not it. It is to make the chart active - to move the focus to it. If there are many charts open and their tabs do not fit in the chart window, then this will make the tab of the specified chart active and visible, and this chart will be displayed on the screen.

If you want to display a price chart in the foreground, set this property: CHART_FOREGROUND.

Yes, I got it wrong.

Artyom Trishkin:

If you want to display the price chart in the foreground, set the CHART_FOREGROUND property.

CHART_FOREGROUND is a chart property, while my question was about the indicator property.

It's easy to imagine the situation - there are a few indicators in the chart and each of them has its own idea of whether it should be drawn in the background or in the foreground.

You can change the chart property from the programme, but it's not universal, to say the least.

Andrey Dik:

CHART_FOREGROUND is a property of the chart and the question was about the indicator property.

We have several indicators in the chart and each of them has a different idea of whether it should be drawn in the background or in the foreground.

You can change the chart property from the program, but it's not universal, to put it mildly.

Then we will have to draw to the indicator line + candlesticks for the indicator that should be drawn under the candlesticks. For the others - which are drawn over the candlesticks, set the candlesticks to be drawn on the background of the chart. I personally do not see any other way.

Reason: