On the unequal probability of a price move up or down - page 53

vladavd:

Very simply it can be, it is called a lack of liquidity. Imagine that at some point it happens that 90% of N market participants have bought an asset and are sitting in a position waiting for growth. But there is no growth, because no one else is buying, and so everyone is already sitting in a buying position. But the deals are not opened forever, but to exit at a better price or after some time. The price stands, time goes by and it is time for someone to close a position. What happens to the price when almost all the capital involved in the market has been consumed and the buyers do not have free money to buy the asset being sold? The price falls, making it more profitable to buy back the asset. This is the liquidity crisis and the imaginary paradox comes into play when it seems that everyone is buying, almost no one is selling, but the price is going down.

You read what you wrote, everything is correct - when everyone is buying and no one is selling (although they are always evenly matched, it's the price) the price goes up, when the growth stops, the sales start and then the price goes down. But not what the unicum wrote before)

Aleksey Mavrin:

I noticed in a neighbouring thread that you are an extraordinary person)), you tell such interesting things. Can you explain at least a theoretical mechanism how this can happen? Do you know how the market works in general?

What do you mean? :))

You can't tell the difference between mt4 and mt5 code, you get angry because of that. What I said in this thread was told to miners in their language.

You are not one of them, by the way? I think there is something there, since you are reacting this way))))

khorosh:

I believe that catching the extremum of your new entry spread is no easier than catching the extremum of the euro pound. They are essentially the same tasks.

Another person realised the pointlessness of the message of the thread )

Mikhael1983:

It is not a feeling. It is a perfectly obvious fact, directly following from the constructions I am demonstrating here. They are the proof.

A fact cannot follow from anything.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Fact cannot follow from anything.

Quite an amusing observation. How about this judgement: science explains facts, and can predict new facts. Don't you think that in this view it is quite obvious that facts follow from something (logic)? Say, Dirac predicted the fact of the existence of the positron, and voila - it turns out to be so.

Mikhael1983:
Try it.

Well, I don't think I'm a good trader. I do not have much experience in manual trading, as I spend most of my time studying and creating new strategies and programming Expert Advisors. I prefer autotrading.

Mikhael1983:
Quite an amusing observation. How about this judgement: science explains facts, and can predict new facts. Don't you think that in this view it is quite obvious that facts follow from something (logic)? Say Dirac predicted the fact that the positron exists, and voila - it turns out it does.
Wrong

Aleksey Mavrin:
One more person has understood the pointlessness of this message )

Didn't get there, and there was always doubt. I tried several times to find some pluses in pair trading. I quit, and tried other strategies. I returned to it again after some time, used different indicators, developed my own, but I still haven't found any advantages. If we use a more sophisticated strategy, and paired trading is more complicated than single symbol trading, it must bring some dividends. If it does not, what is the point?

Aleksey Mavrin:
Wrong
I'll try a simpler way. Look. An ancient mathematician. Has a fact: the ratio of circumference to diameter is pi. He THINKS. And concludes: the area of a circle is equal to pi times the square of the radius. Fact? Fact.

Aleksey Mavrin:
Here's another person realising the pointlessness of sending a thread )

This thread makes sense, everyone is reading it for a reason.

Answer the question: if you're a trader during the Asian session, open a buy position of 200 lots, where would the price move? And there is no such liquidity in the market in the market depths. Let's not go deep into the Cb interventions, and all kinds of nonsense like importers, etc. Just answer the question where the price may go up or down, in your miners' language.

And why are we trading pairs, and not just euros separately or just dollars? If it were just potatoes, then of course if everyone bought them, the price would go up, but if it's potatoes/carrots? )))))))))))

If you run to google now, the answer is not there)))

Reason: