On the unequal probability of a price move up or down - page 56

Martingeil:

It's hard for me, ban me for a month. I'm tired, want restrictions for a month be so kind, the forum is distracting. I missed a lot of good deals, the forum is addictive, it's like a drug, you want to be above it all and you think you have it all in your hands, but when you open your hand you see only your balls.

Appreciate it.

(chuckles): All right.

khorosh:

I don't think arbitrage is exactly what they call pair trading. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that arbitrage trades short-term small divergences between correlated symbols. And speed is important to it, positions are in the market for a very short time and the profit from one entry is sometimes less than a pip. The situation is somewhat different in pair trading.

There are many types of arbitrage. For example:

1. Statistical arbitrage.
  2. Pair trading is also a type of arbitrage. But in general there can be much more than two assets.
  3. Hedging a spot position with a futures, option or other derivative is also arbitrage.
  4. Interdiligible arbitrage. This is the most familiar one in forex, where one reads a broker with a lagged datafeed. For some reason it is considered illegal.
  5. Inter-exchange arbitrage.
And many more.

Grigori.S.B:

There are so many types of arbitration. For example:

1. Statistical arbitrage.
  2. Pair trading is also a type of arbitrage. But in general, there can be many more assets than two.
  3. Hedging a spot position with a futures, option or other derivative is also arbitrage.
  4. Interdiligible arbitrage. This is the most familiar one in forex, where one reads a broker with a lagged datafeed. For some reason it is considered illegal.
  5. Inter-exchange arbitrage.
And many more.
5 want to try FOREX/MOEX

Martingeil:

And why are we trading pairs and not for example just euros separately or just dollars? If it were just potatoes, then of course if everyone bought them, the price would go up...

There is no such thing as just potatoes in any market. They are always bought/sold for roubles, hryvnias or any other currency. Even with barter, there is no currency, but there is a quotation commodity.

Vladimir Karputov:

I think we need to look in thePunk VS Pips thread.

You've provoked it yourself.

Renat Akhtyamov:
5 I want to try FOREX/MOEX

I'm sorry, how?

Maxim Kuznetsov:

and i'm sorry, how?

we take the futures on the eu and the eu itself on the forex

the overlap of the charts - i can't think of a better one, the price series is the same

and then - sell the top, buy the bottom

Renat Akhtyamov:

on MOEX we take the eu futures and on forex the eu itself

overlapping charts - you can't do better than that, the price series is the same

overlapping graphs are the worst thing you can think of

Renat Akhtyamov:

on MOEX we take the eu futures and on forex the eu itself

i can't think of a better chart overlay, price series is the same

what kind of forex are we taking the eva from

What is the FOREX exchange with which you can compare other exchanges?

Maxim Kuznetsov:

which forex do we take the eu

what is the forex exchange with which you can compare other exchanges ?

myx and forex

quotes are different

open a 5pc of both.

Reason: