Let's build a mini grail!? - page 19

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

In the first post you wrote.

It is not right, when the system reverses and works in profit. then it will not be the same.

It depends on the stops. If your takeprofit is much bigger than the stop loss, (or equal, in the worst case) then you won't reverse anything. But that's the only kind of order that makes sense to deal with.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:
Although, maybe your reasoning is different and there are prerequisites for that - I do not know and cannot say then.

There is a thing called identical trades on the real (not even on the demo, on the real....) and in the tester.

In theory it should be so. But metaquotes and DTs are not interested... Therefore, we have to take special measures... Which significantly reduces the profitability and complicates everything... Therefore, not necessarily everything will work out with the first algorithm that meets the criterion of a series of losses...

Михаил:

It depends on the stops. If your takeprofit is much bigger than the stop loss (or equal, in the worst case) then you won't reverse anything. But those are the only orders that make sense to deal with.

If SL=TP and they are large, almost formal, then you can flip. If they are small, it's always bad for the system, they strangle it. Small SL and TP are used only in scalper systems, but there are many losing trades in a row.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

If SL=TP and they are big, almost formal, then you can flip. If they are small, it is always bad for the system, they suffocate it. Small SLs and TPs are only done in scalper systems, but there are a lot of losing trades in a row.

Oh, we got confused with words)))

Adequate stops for the euro are like sl=500 and tp=1000-1500.

Such stops put high demands on the trade opening algorithm. But anything else is very dangerous).

That is, if you are constantly waiting out losses, but the chart in the tester is going up, that's bad, google, for example, about non-market quotes)). For starters.

Михаил:

There is such a thing as identical trades on the real (not even on the demo, on the real....) and in the tester.

I know.

Based on what you write, I understand that there will be few trades, then how do you know what will happen on the REAL trade if you take it from the tester, even comparing it to the real chart, but on the history ? There may be gaps, spreads, slippage, an order may not open at all - then what?

Михаил:

Oh, we got confused with words))

Adequate stops for the euro are like sl=500 and tp=1000-1500.

Such stops put high demands on the trade opening algorithm. But everything else is very dangerous)

5 decimal places ?

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

5 decimal places?

Yes and I added there too)

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

I do.

Based on what you write, I understand that there will be few trades, then how do you know what will happen in a REAL trade if you take it from a tester, even comparing it to a real chart, but on history? There may be gaps, spreads, slippage, maybe no order will open - then what?

Then)) In the methaquotes championships it was all about that)

This has to be known and handled, and it reduces profitability) Again, the demands on the opener are high.

Михаил:

Yes and I added there too)

Sorry, but I don't get it. If we even take EURUSD, where there is 500 pips of noise alone, i.e. it is half-dead compared to other instruments, then SL=500 - will anyway choke the system, i.e. will you purposely leave the system to turn it over later, or do something? With that SL a normal system won't flip. Or do you want to take a losing system, where just 3 consecutive losing trades - but how can that be, then it should be profitable ? I'm a bit confused.

I think I understand how you want to make it work )), but I won't say so. I will write why it won't work in the way you described it (and you didn't write anything).

It won't work because even a 500 points range is too large to surely roll orders 3 times - right? You may run into a flat, or vice versa, and within this time there will be a lot of contradictory signals, i.e. it's not clear where the price will go. Formally speaking, you just want to have few losing orders in a row, and then add a condition when their number will become even less. Am I correct in your logic? Or not?

Reason: