Points VS Pips - page 155

Vladimir Baskakov:
I have no idea how it applies to mt. It's an example that not everyone thinks alike

)))))

That not everyone thinks alike is evident from this thread and from the poll ))))

And that's good in principle.

But the terminology (here we are talking about MT and MQL) should be the same for all who think differently ;)

Сергей Таболин:

)))))

That not everyone thinks alike is evident from this thread and from the poll ))))

But the terminology (here we are talking about MT and MQL) should be the same for all who think differently ;)

Yes, and it was formed before MQ

Сергей Таболин:

)))))

But the terminology (here we are talking about MT and MQL) must be the same for all who think differently ;)

You don't think that every platform has its own terminology, do you? And if a trader trades on 2-3 platforms, then he has 2-3 terminologies on the same word?

And if you meet somewhere at a gathering of traders, then everyone needs a badge on which platform he trades on and how many characters he has, in order to apply the terminology of his platform?

Answer:

And has remained unchanged for a century

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You don't think there is a different terminology for each platform, do you? And if a trader trades on 2-3 platforms, then they have 2-3 terminologies for the same word?

And if you meet somewhere at a gathering of traders, then everyone needs a badge on which platform he trades and how many characters he has, in order to apply the terminology of his platform?

Answer:

And stays the same for a century

Which is what we're talking about. Where is the original source?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You don't think there is a different terminology for each platform, do you? And if a trader trades on 2-3 platforms, then they have 2-3 terminologies for the same word?

And if you meet somewhere at a gathering of traders, then everyone needs a badge on which platform he trades and how many characters he has, in order to apply the terminology of his platform?

Answer:

And stays the same for a century

Well it does ))))

Until uniform terms are adopted for all platforms (question: who will adopt them? obviously we need a single standardisation centre. who will create it?)), we will have to clarify every time what exactly the developer means by so-and-so term.

But we are on the MQ platform, and these are the accepted meanings of terms. It just has to be accepted (or accepted ;) :):):) )

Сергей Таболин:

So, yes )))

Until there are common terms for all platforms (question: who will adopt them? obviously we need a common standardization centre. who will create it?)), we will have to specify each time what exactly the developer means by so-and-so term.

But we are on the MQ platform, and these are the accepted meanings of terms. It just has to be accepted (or accepted ;) :):):) )

They have long been accepted, and they are used everywhere. And what you call a tenth of a point a whole, that's the questioner's problem, not that of others. This tenth part is even shown in the terminal by a small figure.

There is a category of people who mislead and enjoy it, but we will be smarter and filter the information

Vitaly Muzichenko:

They have long been accepted and used everywhere. And the fact that you call a tenth of a point a whole is the questioner's problem, not the people around him. This tenth part is even shown as a small number in the terminal.

There is a category of people who are deluded and enjoy it, but we will be smarter and filter the information

So maybe you should start by being clever and agreeing with those who claim the diametrically opposite? According to the survey, those who are sure that what you call a pip is a pip, and a pip is a tenth of that pip )))) And there are just as many of them as there are of you...

So who is misleading, YOU or THEY ? ;)

I'm curious.

if my - bottom figure shows - Profit in currency

what my higher one shows - how can I name these figures so that I can be understood by the person I'm talking to?

item

Сергей Таболин:

So maybe you should start by being clever and agreeing with those who claim diametrically opposite? According to the survey, those who are sure that what you call a pip is a pip and a pip is a tenth of that pip )))) And there are just as many of them as there are of you...

So who is misleading, YOU or THEY ? ;)

If you go to a respected source, for example the RMA feed, it says there in Russian numerals how much and which pair has lost/gained in a trading session.

Maybe they broadcast it out of ignorance, they forgot to read the documentation for Point()

P.S. The distinctive badge "Trading in MT on the 5 mark" has not yet been invented, so we use terms invented before you and I were born

Also - I can't understand

they often say - the 4th digit is the 5th digit

but how do they say it and how do they calculate it?