Indicators: Big Times

Big Times:

This indicator reflects the positive difference between the High and Low of the period.

Author: mt-coder

int limit=Bars-counted_bars;
if(counted_bars>0) limit++;
for(i=0; i<limit; i++)
i=Bars-counted_bars-1;
while(i>=0)
  {
      MainBuffer[i]=MathAbs(Low[i]-High[i]);
      i--;
  }
Efficiency:
//int limit=Bars-counted_bars;
//if(counted_bars>0) limit++;
//for(i=0; i<limit; i++)
for (int i=Bars-counted_bars-1; i>=0; i--)
   MainBuffer[i]=High[i]-Low[i];

WHRoeder:
Ok - MT Coder - I can not contain myself any more.  Please quick cluttering up "this archive of great work" by people who actually have an objective geared
towards better trading.  All of your indcators add ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the forum.  If the reader is a programmer - as I am, your work is so basic that 
it is worthless.  If the reader is not a programmer - what is that person support to do with all of your indicators that are replications of work available 
elsewhere or of very little value.  Your whole purpose is SELF PROMOTION to generate programming business for your self which in itself is ironic,  Please Stop!!
Efficiency:

Thanks for the comment

The simplest indicators can be very usefull, the complexity is not necessarily helpful.

Big deal ! you found the positive difference by inversing : )

By the way, and for your personal culture WHRoeder, the reason why I didn't remove MathAbs is that I had tried many many complexe formulas (I don't know if you can count that far) so many complexe formulas that justified the use of that function, then I finally settled for the simple formula Low[i]-High[i], and I didn't remove MathAbs: I had better things to do !

And why the speech about 'efficiency' ? This is no heavy code ! I thank you for the 'smart' changes you offered but they won't change much in the Execution Time or on any other level !

In addition to 'efficiency' I suggest another nice principle called 'practicality'.

Best regards

mt-coder

mt-coder:

By the way, and for your personal culture WHRoeder, the reason why I didn't remove MathAbs is that I had tried many many complexe formulas (I don't know if you can count that far) so many complexe formulas that justified the use of that function, then I finally settled for the simple formula Low[i]-High[i], and I didn't remove MathAbs: I had better things to do !

And why the speech about 'efficiency' ? This is no heavy code ! I thank you for the 'smart' changes you offered but they won't change much in the Execution Time or on any other level !

In addition to 'efficiency' I suggest another nice principle called 'practicality'.

If you don't want your code to be critiqued because your ego can't take it, don't post the sloppy code.

No heavy code? Unnecessary call to abs, a loop that does nothing, two additional lines. These will be called for each tick. 10000 runs in the tester times 65800 bars (M1 May-July) * 10 ticks/minute * 200 operations is a Trillion+ unnecessary operations. A few years of History and the optimization hours longer because of your unnecessary code.

//| For a price I can code for you any strategy you have in mind     |
//|           into EA, I can code any indicator you have in mind     |
If this is an example of your coding, only an idiot would pay you for anything.

WHRoeder:
mt-coder:

If you don't want your code to be critiqued because your ego can't take it, don't post the sloppy code.

No heavy code? Unnecessary call to abs, a loop that does nothing, two additional lines. These will be called for each tick. 10000 runs in the tester times 65800 bars (M1 May-July) * 10 ticks/minute * 200 operations is a Trillion+ unnecessary operations. A few years of History and the optimization hours longer because of your unnecessary code.

//| For a price I can code for you any strategy you have in mind     |
//|           into EA, I can code any indicator you have in mind     |
If this is an example of your coding, only an idiot would pay you for anything.

You exaggerate and you know it.

Are you jalous I am making a business out of this ? What you should understand is that there are so many people who have great ideas but they can't code, I'll be glad to offer my help to them, LIVE WITH IT !

If you don't need my services good for you, but many people do, get used to it.

By the way do you have any codes yourself or you just like to criticize those who ACTUALLY code?

mt-coder:

You exaggerate and you know it.

Are you jalous I am making a business out of this ?

By the way do you have any codes yourself or you just like to criticize those who ACTUALLY code?

Exaggerate, not at all. A trillion unnecessary operations minimum. MT4 is not an optimized compiler/interpreter. I have implemented a DB, GUI, and application in 8KB (K as in Kilo) and have been coding for 40 years.

Jealous, I couldn't care less. I'm just warning others.

If you wanted to see examples you could have just searched for it. I'm all over the board All (622) and you have posted All (10) All code (useless code as others have pointed out, I refrained). No forums, no help to anyone.

How to calculate True Risk before sending an order ?
The Trade Encouragement Factor, TEF, and Money Management, MM()
DateTime()
OrderSend for very high lotsizes

WHRoeder:

Exaggerate, not at all. A trillion unnecessary operations minimum.... and have been coding for 40 years.

If you wanted to see examples you could have just searched for it. I'm all over the board All (622) and you have posted All (10) All code (useless code as others have pointed out, I refrained). No forums, no help to anyone.

How to calculate True Risk before sending an order ?
The Trade Encouragement Factor, TEF, and Money Management, MM()
DateTime()
OrderSend for very high lotsizes

40 years ? May be you have a real problem exaggerating with numbers. I'm sure you have experience coding, but may be you understand that with Forex and MT4 it is a little bit more than just coding, I can see you don't understant that because this indicator is TOO SIMPLE for you, the greatest indicators have simple formulas.

What I saw is that you haven't posted any code to the code base at all !  https://www.mql5.com/en/users/WHRoeder.

mt-coder:

I can see you don't understant that because this indicator is TOO SIMPLE for you, the greatest indicators have simple formulas.

What I saw is that you haven't posted any code to the code base at all ! https://www.mql5.com/en/users/WHRoeder.

A wise man speaks when he has something to say, This fool has to say something.
Reason: