Points VS Pips - page 129

SeriousRacoon:

Come on, this is ridiculous and looks ridiculous in the eyes of your software's target audience. Pips are used universally to refer to the 4 digits. If you don't trade, ask those who do.

But to get rid of the English version of pips, where it means point, is necessary.

Just for the sake of interest read the post above yours. The pips is not what is meant by the same guru. People get mixed up, horses get mixed up... You should agree among yourselves first, and then demand to change the basic MQL values, which are not the slang of all gurus, but the exact documented notation.
No need to shame me - my knowledge is enough to manufacture any quirk from any guru. But you gentlemen, even in your own circles, will not agree on the designations.

TheXpert:
How awful! Anglicisms on an algotrader's forum!
"I hear a bell, but I don't know where it is".
You should first familiarise yourself with the subject matter before writing inappropriate "quips".

Did the survey say anything to you all so smart? ...........

Now, if there's a word you don't understand, look it up in a dictionary.

Are you familiar with MQL? In this language there is _Point, Point(). So, this point indicates the minimum and indivisible value of changes of quote. And it is absolutely any value, regardless of quotation accuracy.

Either you accept it, or write in those languages, in which there is a definition of both a pip and a tick (as a minimum price change).

And don't fool people with your abstruse speeches (which have nothing to do with MQL)!

Artyom Trishkin:

Exactly, you should learn the terms before you say what to use and not use for whom.

Start banning for the word pips, that would be the apogee of the morass that's been brewing in this thread.

And pips, is that an acronym, or is it slang for "pimple"?

TheXpert:

Exactly, you should be familiar with the terms before you say who should and should not use what.

Bans for the word pips, that would be the apogee of the morass breeding in this thread.

All MQL terms are in documentation. People demand to replace terms from documentation with terms from "the pit".
And about banning, that's for you to consider in your own mind. I wouldn't have thought of that. It's all yours.

Artyom Trishkin:
Just for the sake of interest read the post above yours. The same guru there by pips implies something else. Mixing people, horses... You should agree among yourselves first and then demand to change the basic MQL values, which are not the slang of all gurus, but the exact documented notation.
There is no need to shame me - my knowledge is enough to manufacture any fancy from any guru. But you gentlemen, even in your own circles, do not agree on designations.

If it's such a complex-unspecified concept, then it should be excluded from use in MT.
Or a precise definition should be given.

The word "algotrader", on the other hand, is more reminiscent of a Soviet dialect: investigative committee, mestkom, chief mashastroy, gossnab, etc.

Artyom Trishkin:
All MQL terms are in the documentation. People demand to replace terms from the documentation with terms from "the pit".
And about banning, that's for you to consider in your own mind. I wouldn't have thought of it - it's purely yours.

The word pips is not in the documentation, but it is in the terminal.

Taras Slobodyanik:

The word pips is not in the documentation, but it is in the terminal.

Where in the terminal?

Reason: