Points VS Pips - page 127

Artyom Trishkin:
Where am I contradicting my own words?
Link.

One
Two
Three

I realise that you are now going to tell me again that this is mql and we are programmers and we have our own technical point.
But here in the documentation it doesn't say that it's a technical term.
And those programmers you nurture are confused by their understanding of the term clause.
There was a poll in the next thread, and it clearly shows how programmers know the financial terminology.
You write programs for financial clients (traders).
And I understand that everyone is just accustomed to the terminology.
But this terminology lives only in mql and no more.

GRudzanians, there's no need to quarrel.

Better show a better way to show in the input parameters the same margin (in terms of loss in money) for Stop Loss for both four and five digits.

Roman:

One
Two
Three

I understand that you are about to tell me again that this is mql and we are programmers and we have our own technical point.
But here in the documentation it doesn't say that this is a technical term.
And those programmers you nurture are confused by their understanding of the term clause.
There was a poll in the next thread, and it clearly shows how programmers know the financial terminology.
You write programs for financial clients (traders).
And I understand that everyone is just accustomed to the terminology.
But this terminology lives only in mql and no more.

I see. That's not what you brought up. You couldn't even understand what it was about. Are you trolling? Or really don't get it?
I see. There's no use talking to you. You're on your own turf, and not just here.

Artyom Trishkin:
I see. That's not what you're talking about. Couldn't even understand what you were talking about. Are you trolling? Or do you really not get it?
I see. There's no use talking to you. You're on your own turf, and not just here.

This is not trolling, these are facts, you asked for references, I provided them.
But you also don't understand that you first urged the programmer to use correct terminology, and then you immediately twist this terminology into the wrong one.
Having twisted the world's divisible item into your mql's indivisible item, and then came up with an idea to call it technical. You're making it up as you go along.
And you're urging a programmer to write correctly. That's the contradiction in your opinions, purity and literacy of programmers who write in mql.
In general, really have nothing more to talk about. I am on my own wave, on the right wave.

Vladimir Karputov:

Better show a better way to show in the input parameters the same margin (in terms of loss in money) for Stop Loss for both four and five digits.

Better not to do that, because, for example, natgas and copper are three digits. On the contrary, write that these values are "price points, not pips".

Vladimir Karputov:

Maybe we should set loss/gain in money in the parameters? Or as a percentage of a certain amount? Then the calculation in pips would be simple. However, you wouldn't even need to do it - compare the profit/loss with the calculated value.

In the price difference, set the price. For example, set 100 pips on a four-digit entry as follows: 0.0100.

This input will work the same on 4 and 5 digits.

But you don't have to worry about these problems of "professionals" at all.

Artyom Trishkin:
Should the parameters be set as a loss/gain in money? Or as a percentage of a certain amount? Then the calculation in pips would be simple. However, you wouldn't even need to do it - compare the profit/loss with the calculated value.
No, that would be a mutant crossing of the two species. The stop size is the price action sphere, and from the loss in money or percentage the position size is calculated based on the already known stop size - this is the MM.

SeriousRacoon:
Nah, that's how the two species will cross into a mutant. The size of the stop is the scope of the price action, and from the loss in money or percentage the size of the position is calculated based on the already known size of the stop - this is the MM.
There are different methods of calculating StopLoss distance. Not just as the standard one in the terminal.

Artyom Trishkin:
There are different methods of calculating StopLoss distance. Not just as standard in the terminal.
StopLoss can be set in different ways, as long as there is logic in the method. It may be set in % of price movement, by the way, as an alternative to pips. Also Min/max N bars, fractals, wagons/converts, atr, etc. Each instrument has its own stop, based on the nature and behaviour of the instrument.
Reason: