The fastest economic calendar. - page 6

Ivan Butko:

It's like you've come from the moon. The earlier you enter a trade on strong news, the bigger the profit.

The only question is which way to go.

Aleksei Moshkin:

From free Investing.com, latency 0.1 - 0.3 ms

I have been using this service for quite a long time. It's also not stable - there are delays of minutes as well.

Sergey Golubev:

For example, the thread about News Trader EA (free, source) - since 2012 on the forum(here).
FXstreet.com calendar indicator, and other news indicators on other calendars are also in the English thread, and were created many years ago.

For example, forex-factory calendar indicator - also here, in the english part of the forum (which was created in 2008).

And the topics on the forum about the news indicators and news advisers were one of the hottest in the former tsd forum (including the promotion of the former tsd forum itself). For example, I wrote one of such threads about free indicators and Expert Advisors since 2007 ( here).
But tsd forum had its own calendar ... Which I also maintained ...

----------------

I understand that the calendar is already built into Metatrader 5 ...
But I would like to see free custom indicators on MQL5 calendar, as well as EAs (free) that trade on this calendar.

Because they will be the hottest topics on the forum (at least in English).

----------------

Apologies for the agitation.

Is it possible to have a separate news block...? Or is it an allosteel owl?

Ivan Butko:
Is it possible to get a separate news block...? Or is it a wholelost owl

It's not as simple as it sounds, if you parse information from websites, there will be a big delay anyway.

As correctly noted earlier, there is a millisecond count, the first one gets it, the rest is a matter of luck...

If you need low latency data, it's a lot more than the owls) usually this is a program that connects to a news feed and executes trade orders for MT through an EA.

for example google fxnewskiller,

i may have written about their clicker, but it's not the quotes, it's the data from the news providers, they are really expensive.

Nikolay Moskalev:

It's not as simple as it sounds, if you parse information from websites, there will be a big delay anyway.

As correctly noted earlier, there is a millisecond count, the first one gets it, the rest is a matter of luck...

If you need low latency data, it's a lot more than the owls. This is usually a program that connects to a news feed and sends your trade orders to MetaTrader using an EA.

for example google fxnewskiller,

i may have written about their clicker, but it's not the quotes, it's the data from the news providers, they are really expensive.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I've dealt with these guys. Missed out on a year's worth of clicker promotions.

Ivan Butko:

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, dealt with these guys. Missed out on a year's worth of clicker shares.

They always have promotions ) New Year's Eve is coming up

I don't know how fast they do it ))))

I would not get my hopes up for a profit in any case, news trading is a load of pitfalls

CalendarEventByCurrency

What exactly does the function return? I got 238 events for "USD". What's that? Total? For the last day or year?

int total_events_usd=CalendarEventByCurrency("USD",events);
if(total_events_usd<=0)
   Print(__FUNCTION__+": events get failed. Error: ",GetLastError());
else
   Print(__FUNCTION__+": events total: ",total_events_usd);

leonerd:
CalendarEventByCurrency

What exactly does the function return? I got 238 events for "USD". What's that? Total? Over the last day or year?

These are not events, these are their descriptions (what ever they are). That is, for the whole time.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

These are not events, they are descriptions of them (which there are in general). That is, for all time.

Strangely, there is no currency field in either MqlCalendarEvent or MqlCalendarValue.

It's unclear how to work with it. I want to query the news for date, and then parse them depending on the currency, which they affect. And I want to query news by currency only. If I don't know which currencies are today, should I request the news by all currencies?

You can fetch the newsusing CalendarValueHistory(). After that, the event ID will be used to request the event. Then the event will retrieve the country_id and the country_id will retrieve the currency from the MqlCalendarCountry structure. This is very clever.

Документация по MQL5: Экономический календарь / CalendarValueHistory
Документация по MQL5: Экономический календарь / CalendarValueHistory
  • www.mql5.com
//| Script program start function                                    |         [id] [event_id]           [time]               [] [revision]   [actual_value] [prev_value] [revised_prev_value] [forecast_value] [impact_type] [reserved]...

Judging by the latest MQ Economic Calendar for Nonfarm-payrolls it is not so much a question of the speed of this calendar, but of the reliability of this calendar for making any trading decisions at all.

So according to MQ's EC the forecast for May 08 was +179K(Link), which is dramatically different from the actual forecast of -22M according to all the other calendars and news feeds.

Investing: -22M(Link),FxStreet: -22M(Link), CNBC: -22M(Link) etc.

And this despite the fact that trading on the news makes sense primarily in trading large deviations from the forecast.

And in general, unfortunately, we have to say that the MQ economic calendar does not provide any +++ compared to all external calendars. It doesn't have even the simplest "refinement" in the form of an estimate of the average historical deviation of economic forecasts from the real values - although the server retransmitting the MQ news just could be used to refine the broadcast values by this indicator.

All in all, one can only wish that the MQ team would not abandon the work on the economic calendar and do at least a few more rounds of work to ensure accuracy/reliability and generate additional benefits.

United States Nonfarm Payrolls
United States Nonfarm Payrolls
  • www.investing.com
Get the Nonfarm Payrolls results in real time as they're announced and see the immediate global market impact.
Reason: