Canvas is cool! - page 58

Dmitry Fedoseev:

I haven't noticed such a need among traders. We are not talking about profitability, we are talking about all sorts of trinkets in an EA.

And the most important trinket of an EA is its potential profitability!

aleger:

And the most important bling of an EA is its potential yield!

I see, whatever there is to talk about... just to talk about.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

I see, whatever there is to talk about... just to talk.

And talk and do, if you have the stomach for it.

Реter Konow:
Right. A classic EA - three indicators to generate a buy/sell signal, and a couple of formulas for stops.What else? It's sad.

Better - your own advisor based on the 'normal' Zigzag and some of its features

aleger:

Better - your own advisor based on the 'normal' Zigzag and some of its features

To each his own.

Реter Konow:
To each his own.

Especially in German...

Renat Fatkhullin:

What are you all talking about interfaces, when everything has been done long ago and is available in the standard library as an analogue of MFC, including examples:

It's trivial you're discussing without knowing the existence of a library to build neat and professional-looking panels. They're live, drag and drop, minimize, react to events, etc.

What other graphical structures when the funnel loses the conversion rate in the first step "no one even knows there is a solution". Any solution. They don't read it, they don't know and they don't want to know. And there's 13 mb of source code in MQL5 in the standard library. Who in his right mind would go and look it through?

It's better to discuss, give advice and think you understand the problem...

Renat, I've been working with this library for two years now. The main drawback is the discreteness of the controls and their components. You probably haven't had a chance to observe the effect when form elements are dragged in a loop behind the form. It's a pretty sight, but not a productive one. Using the MFC approach to event handling is a good solution. I've already written in previous posts that the skeleton of the library itself is good, but eventually we need to move away from discrete primitives and draw the end result (a form with controls) on a single canvas and drag and drop a single object, rather than a bunch of primitive objects changing their position in a loop.

Of course, one can say: there is a library, what else do you need? And calm down on that, or just treat everything that way. That is your right.

But talking about visualization and GUI no one is asking you anything, just a discussion between interested users.

Renat Fatkhullin:

What are you all discussing about interfaces, when everything has long been done and is available in the standard library as an analogue of the MFC, including examples?

It's trivial you're discussing without knowing the existence of a library to build neat and professional looking panels. They're live, drag and drop, minimize, react to events, etc.

Forgot to mention that the graphics are glitchy, underwritten, and unfixable for years.

There are enough of the same topics on bugs in the standard graphics library, but you're not interested in them.

On the other hand, the beginning is laid, the analogues are written, and everyone who wants can really finish file what is (if they want to learn 13 Mb of very controversial in some places the source code).

But feedback is often really lacking, even on bug reports there are not always answers...

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

You forgot to mention that the graphics are glitchy, underdeveloped, and unfixable for years.

I don't think the graphics performance is needed to work, in general it's realistic to make most graphical desires out of the SB in a couple of days

I can't even comment on this because the solution is too horrible to use in the test! - don't even want to comment on it

Igor Makanu:

I don't think you need much performance for graphics, in general it's realistic to make most of your graphics aspirations in a couple of days

But the fact that the behavior of graphics in the tester is different - this is a real problem! - I don't even want to comment on it.

It's not about performance, it's about bugs in performance.

Reason: