Changing the comment to trades which hit a stop loss or take profit

Hi all,

Thank you for looking at this thread. I want to know whether or not it is possible to change the comment on MQL5 to trades which hit a stop loss or take profit? I have a comment added to trades which closed based on my exit condition, but if a stop loss or take profit is hit that comment changes to sl:1.3321 for example. 

Is there a way that I can change that comment to something I want within the EA?

Thank you!

Bartlomiej Winter:

Hi all,

Thank you for looking at this thread. I want to know whether or not it is possible to change the comment on MQL5 to trades which hit a stop loss or take profit? I have a comment added to trades which closed based on my exit condition, but if a stop loss or take profit is hit that comment changes to sl:1.3321 for example. 

Is there a way that I can change that comment to something I want within the EA?

Thank you!

I don't think so. Once the trade is done, I think it's too late.

You don't want to store information in the comments anyway. Brokers can change comments.

Bartlomiej Winter: is possible to change the comment on MQL5
Can't modify comments
          Metaquotes language: OrderComment() is not able to be modified - Futures Trading - Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - MQL5 programming forum
Not a good idea to use comments, brokers can change comments, including complete replacement.
Reason: