From theory to practice - page 791

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Explain to me, a fool, why we need the pending orders, if we continuously monitor the market, and can at any time place a market order at this price, if it reaches it, and even before that to analyze the situation at the moment, which may be radically different than it was before, at the time of placing the pending order.

Well, I do not understand the desire for deferred bids).

And if you do not? Besides, if the order is pending, sometimes an erroneous entry can be avoided.

khorosh:

And if not? Also, if the order is pending, sometimes you can avoid an erroneous entry.

I put alerts in such places and then watch the price sometimes for 3-4 hours to see where it is more likely to go. The pending order does not work at all in this case

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I am a fool, why do we need the pending orders if we continuously monitor the market, and can at any time place a market order at this price, if it reaches it, and even before that to analyze the situation at the moment, which may be radically different than it was at the time of placing the pending order.

Well, I do not understand the universal desire for delayed bids).

As I have explained to you, fool, the pending order is executed not by your terminal, but by the server. Therefore, it is executed guaranteed, fast and with less slippage.

Алексей Тарабанов:

I explain to you, fool, that the pending order is executed not by your terminal, but by the server. Therefore, it is guaranteed to be executed quickly and with less slippage.

I am aware of that, but 1-2 pps slippage is nothing.

Plus it doesn't take into account changes of market situation. And there is an opportunity to place both earlier and later pending orders.

Not an explanation.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I am a fool, why do we need the pending orders if we continuously monitor the market, and can at any time place a market order at this price, if it reaches it, and even before that to analyze the situation at the moment, which may be radically different than it was at the time of placing the pending order.

Well, I do not almost understand the universal desire for delayed bids).

I'll tell you a secret (but shhh... to no one)

the market generally operates with pending orders. Entering the market is an extreme case.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

I'll let you in on a deep dark secret (just shhhh...)

In the market in general, they operate with pending orders. Entering the market is an extreme case.

A completely incorrect statement. If it were true, the price would be standing still and not moving at all).

Yuriy Asaulenko:

A completely incorrect statement. If that were the case, the price would be standing still and not moving anywhere at all.)

Where does the glass come from?

Yuriy Asaulenko:

A completely incorrect statement. If that were the case, the price would be standing still and not moving anywhere at all.)

If there were no market makers.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Where does the market cup come from?

All trading is based on current buy-sells, i.e. market bids. And the glass is that mizzer of market volumes, which is what your pending orders are.)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Yes, if the market were just speculators.

But there are other actors in the market. And it is their prerogative to enter the market and trade in the spread. There are non-markets and market makers. You can't compare with the former in terms of volumes, with the latter in terms of rights/opportunities.

Reason: