GRAAL in trading - definition... - page 5

Follow up riddle:

Suppose a broker has been given the right by the "Higher" powers to set traders' Ask and Bid prices for each trade at will. That is, if the trader-seller sets the pendulum too close to the bid price, the broker says: "I do not accept that price. If the buyer trader sets the pending order higher to the ask price, the broker interferes again and says: "No! Set the pending order lower". Absurd? But it is. However, this is not all:

It turns out that each broker, at one moment, the ask and bid quotes may be different from the quotes of another broker, because everyone puts their own spread. That is, there can be different ask prices and different bid prices at the same time on the same market, besides, set not by traders, but by brokers. How is it possible? The market is the same.

To make it clearer:

the Ask price is where the lowest sell order from the seller is.

The Bid price is where the highest buy order from the buyer is.

How in the same market, the positions of the closest buy and sell orders can be visible and have significance only within a particular broker?

Реter Konow:
Follow the riddle:

Suppose a broker has been given the right by the "Higher" powers to set traders' Ask and Bid prices for each trade at will. That is, if the trader-seller sets the pendulum too close to the bid price, the broker says: "I do not accept that price. If the buyer trader sets the pending order higher to the ask price, the broker interferes again and says: "No! Set the pending order lower". Absurd? But it is. However, this is not all:

It turns out that each broker, at one moment, the ask and bid quotes may be different from the quotes of another broker, because everyone puts their own spread. That is, there can be different ask prices and different bid prices at the same time on the same market, moreover, set by brokers and not by traders? How is it possible? The market is the same.

What the fuck higher powers?

Peter, put aside the stupid "conspiracy theory".

The lemmings aren't running into a cliff, but because they're lemmings.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

from what goddamn higher power?

Peter, put aside your stupid "conspiracy theory".

The lemmings run into the precipice not because of the precipice, but because of the lemmings.

Do you understand the meaning of Spread, Ask, Bid? I doubt it. You don't seem to understand...

Реter Konow:
Do you understand the meaning of the terms Spread, Ask, Bid? I doubt it. You don't seem to understand...

Not all sellers' offers get to buyers, only those that fall within the dealer's spread. An analogy with an exchange: I go in with the intention to buy for 100 and you go in with the intention to sell for 200. The dealer's spread is 50. Until our intentions converge to that value, there will be no deal.

I want to tell stupid people to fuck off, but my upbringing doesn't allow it

History lesson: brokers have always stood below traders in rank. They have served the traders, broadcasting trades, running errands. Who would have thought that a broker would tell traders what prices to buy and sell at? But, the time came and traders descended much lower than brokers in the scale of influence and knowledge of the market, and by obeying, accept the ask and bid prices demanded by the broker. Now, traders often don't even know what the terms ask, bid, and many others mean. It is as if they have forgotten their element. Like fish that have forgotten how to swim... Strange how the historical dialectic unfolds.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Not all sellers' offers get to buyers, only those that fall within the dealer's spread. An analogy with an exchange: I go in with the intention to buy for 100 and you go in with the intention to sell for 200. The dealer's spread is 50. Until our intentions converge to this value, there is no deal.

This is clear, but absurd. Ask and bid prices are the prerogative of traders, not brokers. The latter can ask for a fixed commission and not pry into the trade.

Do you understand the window of opportunity a broker has with spread management? It's actual market manipulation, only small.

The spread reflects solely the dealer's willingness/unwillingness to trade. I want - the spread is almost 0, I don't want - it flies to infinity. I only want to buy - the asymmetry is up from the midmarket, I want to sell - on the contrary. Spread is exclusively a dealer's tool and is set only by the dealer.

Spread = Ask-Bid of Bids PICKED UP IN STAKANlortip msim msim scmapitroiripasvayiprtipas

I was wiping the keyboard

Reason: