From theory to practice - page 1828

Uladzimir Izerski:

You can float on the correlation. But you can't make money.

You will also float on a positive spread and you won't make any money

Wizard2018:

There is a lot of information on any trader's forum about how to make the Grail with your own hands. Few people know, I tell the scary scarecrow, all who have found it have an irresistible desire to immediately share with the whole world. It doesn't work to quietly shear the gold dough and put it into polypropylene bags. Of course, money likes silence and other blah blah blah... But man is such a paradoxical brute, arguments with arguments. I have little hope for my wife and relatives, they prefer to take money instead of listening to boring lectures and looking at incomprehensible charts. There is no one to talk to about trading, so there are traders' forums.

The grail is an unbearable burden and a curse. I'm serious. Think, by the way, whether you need it all:) And do not rely on an iron-clad psyche and Nordic character. It won't help.

Information in the public domain and there is a dopey, because both understand what the trick is a lot, and the problem can be solved in many different ways. There are many versions of the Grail, enough for everyone.

But to accept it, this information is not easy - the filters in your own head interfere.

What the hell...
Yes, if there were a robot that makes 100% a year guaranteed without much risk, believe me no one would ever know about it except for those who created it.
It's guaranteed. Guaranteed means that statistically 90-95% of the work is always the same, and in 5% of cases the risk increases due to force majeure, but not by much and the robot manages.

I personally understood that as you call it "Grail" has a very small lifetime of trades, I literally did such a thing yesterday. My profit is huge, so are the lots, but the drawdown is constant and the order system collapses in an hour after it was opened.
Otherwise the more time passes, the higher the uncertainty. The higher the uncertainty, the higher the risks. As a matter of fact if you choose between risks by time and risks by lots you better choose the second one, and most of them choose the first one. I used to choose the former too, but now I wonder...

Макс:
Who is John Galt?

a character from Alice Rosenbaum's tales

the question itself is a meme from the same place

Vladimir Baskakov:
Of course, there is a grail. And it is in the correlation of currencies. We should dig there.

And by the way, yes. Not exactly a grail, but something useful can be extracted

There are correlation fluctuations and there is the USDX index and the XDR basket.

At least the fluctuation/movement limits can be calculated.

But the horizon is too long, probably a month at least.

danminin:
is there any benefit to sitting on a forum?

Laugh it up)

Maxim Kuznetsov:

There are correlation fluctuations and there is the USDX index and the XDR basket.

But the horizon is too long, probably a month at least.

With a horizon of a month, there will be 2-3 deals a year. This is not a statistic but a mockery of the mind.
There is nothing in correlation.

Макс:
With a horizon of a month, there will be 2-3 deals a year. It's not statistics, it's a mockery of the mind.
There is nothing in the correlation.
Right, if you don't know what it is, go to the basket for some reason

A route has already been laid out in advance for the price.

Each movement is surrounded by limit orders.

The orders are located in certain places. These are the pivot points. They are already known in advance. Not for everyone of course)))))))

Maxim Kuznetsov:

But the horizon is too long, probably a month at least

Now you can draw a wonderful rotating 3D picture of the correlation matrix directly in MT.

danminin:

You look at their monitoring. *It's a load of crap.

but they're convinced they're good traders.

crazy people.

Probably the most sensible post in three pages.

Reason: