From theory to practice - page 1762

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Renat is obviously the opposite - equity goes up, balance doesn't (everything that goes up is in withdrawal). When the market rebounds against him, he is still on the plus side.

Plus does not mean that he will be in the pocket later, at least for a long time...

The global holder of all the money is no fool, he will quickly spot the leakage... But there is a plus side, you will have to spend the money faster for good causes, otherwise everything will burn up. ))

Andrei:

Ordersthat are open are placed in the balance so if the total amount of orders is negative, the balance will be lower than the equity. It is a simple arithmetic.

Wrong. The balance is only closed orders. Orders that are not closed do not affect the balance, they only affect equity.

khorosh:

Wrong. The balance is only closed orders. Orders that are not closed do not affect the balance, they only affect equity.

Well, yes, I mixed up, but the essence is the same. Loss-making locks that are lower than the closed ones that are in the balance are in the equity.

Andrei:
Yes, I mixed up, but the point is the same. The loss-making locks that are lower than the closed ones in the balance are in the equity.

So what, it doesn't mean that the state of the account is determined by the lesser of balance and equity. The state of the account is entirely determined by equity, no matter how many locks there are.

Andrei:
Если будет 1 ордер, то тогда вся махинация с кривой баланса в мониторинге не получится. )) 

it's true))

If you do not know how to do this, you may use margin, but there are brokerage companies that do not take margin for opposite orders.

I know what I'm talking about, the spread is not saved if there is a CloseBy counter-closing, which I see on the chart, so most of the spread is lost,

the same goes for swap, usually the swap is negative in both directions,

you don't need to worry about margin, it doesn't weigh your balance down,

and swap and spread eat up a large part of the deposit.

Sergey Chalyshev:

and swap and spreads eat up a decent chunk of the deposit

Swap is true, but spread has nothing to do with it. You may close order directly or by counter-order, but spread is the same in total.

khorosh:

So what, it doesn't mean that the state of the account is determined by the lesser of balance and equity. The state of the account is entirely determined by equity, no matter how many locks there are.

The equity value is what happens when you close all the open positions. And that would be the minimum of the two.

Andrei:

Swap is yes, but the spread has nothing to do with it. Whether you close an order directly or counter-order, the spread is the same.

I won't change your mind, dealers love people like you ))

Sergey Chalyshev:

I won't change your mind, dealers love people like you ))

Well open two orders of the same kind and close one directly and the other counter and find out)).

Andrei:

The state of the account is what would happen if all the open ones were closed. And that would be the minimum of the two.

Wrong.

Reason: