What is a tester's Grail? - page 3

ivan12347777:

I can make such grails for you in 20 minutes from the checkpoints)))) cosmos)))) 10,000 percent a month come on bros)))) at $1 a pop

Vizuha...

I've never written a single grail in my life. Sometimes, the tester shows some growth, but no slippage and no "grail-like" growth? Never happened...

George Merts:

Visuha...

I've never written a single grail in my life... It happens, that in the tester shows growth, but that just a "grail-like" and no drawdowns? Never happened...

In short, averaging inside the candle, martin, etc. on control points works great, but it's rubbish in real life.

Alexey Oreshkin:

I tend to believe much more in an opening price robot with a 1 day run time than in one tested on real ticks - that's a total screw up. The test on real ticks and the real work are heaven and earth. So it's all self-deception.

DISCUSSION OF PAID PRODUCTS ON THE FORUM IS FORBIDDEN!

As a result I would like to add

I have been working for many years in the field of non-indicator technology - tick and price analysis

I have a lot of grails for all ticks

I found it works if the analysis time is short, about 1 second.

That's why I removed these products from my market and now offer products with analysis times longer than 1 second.

George Merts:

Alexey, what the hell?

For a long time I used to work with Expert Advisors, candlestick patterns including trendlines on D1. Even the "open prices" mode was close to reality, and the 1M OHLS mode was the same!

Now I trade more with Expert Advisors on M15-H4 (mostly 1H - the other timeframes usually show drawdown) - again, 1M OHLS is a fraction of a percent different from the real trade.

Explain to me what people are writing for such experts that 1M OHLS mode - not enough ? All around trading on 1S timeframe ???

Above correctly written - an EA working on bar opening prices - will show results in the tester that are very close to reality.

And to answer the question "What is a testering grail", it is an Expert Advisor that uses a randomly formed price movement at the testing interval instead of the existing price regularities.

What is not clear? If you test at the open prices, the robot should trade at the open prices in the real market, while I have no idea that it is dealing at open prices. Of course, the results will be different.

Stefan Stoyanov:

As a result I would like to add

I have been working for many years in the field of non-indicator technology - tick and price analysis

I have a lot of grails for all ticks

I found it works if the analysis time is short, about 1 second.

That's why I excluded these products from my market and now offer products with analysis times longer than 1 sec.

I too now analyze once per second by timer. And why remove them from the Market, I do not understand?

Andrey Kisselyov:
tester grail, in my opinion, is an Expert Advisor that makes profit only in the terminal tester, due to unreliable information in quotes or patterns in tick history formation by the tester.

Regards.

Here I was convincing a colleague to put TickStory Lite and download the tick history from Du**s.

There are good articles here on how ticks are generated from the bar in the tester

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/75

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/2612?utm_campaign=MetaEditor+5&utm_medium=special&utm_source=mt5editor+article

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1513

Алгоритм генерации тиков в тестере стратегий терминала MetaTrader 5
Алгоритм генерации тиков в тестере стратегий терминала MetaTrader 5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 5 позволяет во встроенном тестере стратегий моделировать автоматическую торговлю с помощью экспертов на языке MQL5. Такое моделирование называется тестированием экспертов, и может проводиться с использованием многопоточной оптимизации и одновременно по множеству инструментов. Для проведения тщательного тестирования требуется генерировать тики на основе имеющейся минутной истории. В статье дается подробное описание алгоритма, по которому генерируются тики для исторического тестирования в клиентском терминале MetaTrader 5.

*..... download teak story from doo**s "

Heh-heh!

That's not the story you want.

Because be sure it's different from your broker's.

So you are not doing anything if you test on Doo**s history.

I would be very interested if anyone knows how testing is organised by reference points to simulate them in real life in a similar way to opening prices

Stefan Stoyanov:
I would be very interested if somebody knows how testing by significant points is organized in order to simulate them on the real market similarly to the open prices

Stefan, that's why I posted the links to the articles, eh ))

The one at the top is all there.

------

Benchmark points

If a bar has more than 3 ticks, then reference points are generated first. The number of anchor points cannot exceed the tick volume. The Open price is not included into calculation of the number of anchor points, because it starts the movement. The maximum number of anchor points is 11.

The anchor points are distributed between the opening shadow, the candle's swing and the closing shadow.

---------

And then there are many more.

Reason: