What is a tester's Grail? - page 9

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Yes, in candlestick patterns everything depends on the duration and start time of the first candle. After all, there are servers working in GMT+00, and there are servers working in GMT+3 and other time zones around the globe. And with very close tick quotes they will have completely different candlestick patterns. Probably the difference will diminish as the TF increases.

Above H1 the patterns will be different in different time zones, below an hour why should they be different ?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Yes, in candlestick patterns everything depends on the duration and start time of the first candle. After all, there are servers working in GMT+00, and there are servers working in GMT+3 and other time zones around the globe. And with very close tick quotes they will have completely different candlestick patterns. Probably the difference will diminish as the TF increases.

As the TF increases the difference increases because there is a shift of 1 hour for each time zone. we have 4 different patterns on the 4 hour chart, 1 for each hour shift. on the bottom 24 different patterns, 1 for each hour shift.

to the hour and the hour itself when we give the same quotes for input, we get the same output candle parameters for all time zones.

with respect.

Renat Akhtyamov:

As the TF increases (observation):

- increase in drawdown

- profit decrease

- increase in the waiting time to the end of the trade

And about candlestick patterns -

"Head and shoulders" is when the neck level is broken. This is not observed on the screenshot.

Andrey Kisselyov:
a long time ago, about 15 years ago.
Metatrader had just appeared 15 years ago.

Комбинатор:
It was 15 years ago when metatrader first appeared.
i was testing it on alpari quotes. so tell me the fuck you are.

Sincerely.

Andrey Kisselyov:
2001-2002 as I remember it now. tested on alpari-quotes. so you can say "f...fuck you" to yourself.

Keep pouring, i don't mind.

Release of the MetaTrader Trading Platform
Release of the MetaTrader Trading Platform
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.metatrader5.com
MetaTrader Trading Platform product was also developed from scratch and featured improved efficiency and functionality once again making it more efficient than its predecessor. The list of supported markets was expanded by the Futures, while the client terminal received the new language of trading strategies — MQL II.

Комбинатор:

Keep pouring, I don't mind.

i don't really care when it came out, the fact is that the EA i tested was surprising me. i tested it on mt4. i don't care what you don't like about my post, much less what you think about me. the platform itself started being developed in 2001, so it's possible that it was tested in 2002.

https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/news/1346

Sincerely.
Выпущена торговая платформа MetaTrader
Выпущена торговая платформа MetaTrader
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.metatrader5.com
В декабре 2001 года родилась идея новой платформы под именем MetaTrader. Программа была также переписана с "чистого листа". В ней были повышены производительность и функциональность, а вся платформа стала в очередной раз эффективнее своей предшественницы. К списку обслуживаемых рынков добавился рынок Futures, а новый клиентский терминал получил и новый язык торговых стратегий — MQL II.

Renat Akhtyamov:

As the TF increases (observation):

- increase in drawdown

- profit decrease

- increase in the waiting time to the end of the trade

And about candlestick patterns -

Oh yeah!!!

What can you do when your head is a lot lower than your shoulder

Andrey Kisselyov:
i don't really care when it came out - the fact is that the EA i've been testing already surprised me with such results. i've been testing it on mt4. i don't care what you don't like about my post, especially what you think about me. the platform itself started to be developed in 2001, so it may have been tested in 2002.

https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/news/1346

Sincerely.

It would be fun to have a look at MQL2, probably on a Felix arithmometer level? I was playing with it when I was a kid ))

Vladimir Zubov:

Are the closes 1-2 pips each or is it a rendering ?

The profit there is 1-2-3-4-5 dollars depending on the appetite and the lot. It's not a drawing, it's a tester chart...you can attach a trawl there for two months...but then it's over...

Reason: