What is a tester's Grail? - page 10

Renat Akhtyamov:

I had such an idea and traded it for real.

Everything collapses if you delete any order except the last one....

This screenshot is nice, after studying it one gets the right idea about the market

the point is simple ... some candles move back and forth enough to increase the deposit even if you trade one hour a day ... even if you trade all 24 hours. but for now

I have not managed to achieve stability of such a picture unfortunately... I had a maximum of 2 months of 100% entries and then nothing))) and thanks for the compliment on the "correct view" ))))))))))

The paradox is that price has two directions... up and down... but it's 100 times easier to drain than to increase... weird maths... I can makea plummergrail but I can't make a pourer grail like I swapped BY SEL and that's it but no way there are more measurements... and the answer is simple...

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Yes, in candlestick patterns everything depends on the duration and start time of the first candle. After all, there are servers working in GMT+00, and there are servers working in GMT+3 and other time zones around the globe. And with very close tick quotes they will have completely different candlestick patterns. Probably the difference will diminish as the TF increases.

Not at all.

I've been doing an EA on D1 candlestick patterns for quite a long time and I had to make my own time series which were collected on the fly from candlestick patterns, taking into account the server's time shift.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

It would be fun to have a look at MQL2, probably on a Felix arithmometer level? I used to play with it when I was a kid ))

I've played with it when I was a kid ). You've basically worked with it in MT4, but it's become more rich with all sorts of gimmicks and features while the order functions have remained the same, as well as access to different TPs, the files are the same (from memory).

It's like taking ZX-Spektrum and comparing it with Pentium.

Sincerely.

Andrey Kisselyov:
You may still be working with it in MT4, but it's getting richer and more complicated, while functions of order handling have not changed much, as well as access to different TPs, work with files is the same.

It's like taking ZX-Spektrum and comparing it with Pentium.

Sincerely.

In my old MT4, before version 600, I really lacked at least structures, not to mention OOP. That's why I did a lot of work in DLL, I wrote robots in C#.

With appearance of OOP life became more fun. And when they introduced hedge at 5, I started crawling over there.

ivan12347777:
the point is simple ... some candles move back and forth enough to increase the deposit even if i trade one hour a day ... even if i trade all 24 hours. but for now...

unfortunately i have not been able to achieve this kind of stability... maximum 2 months of 100% inputs and then that's it))) and thanks for the compliment "right view" ))))))))))

you're welcome )

I mean a real and a tester is heaven and earth

Alexey Volchanskiy:

In my old MT4, before version 600, I really lacked at least structures, not to mention OOP. That's why I did a lot of work in DLL, I wrote robots in C#.

With appearance of OOP life became more fun. And when they've introduced the hedge in version 5, I crawled there at all.

I've changed to mt5 as soon as I saw the advantages of the tester.
Renat Akhtyamov:

Please )

I meant that the real and the tester are the same.

I don't really care if it's a hedge or netting. it depends on the programmer and the testing regime. the created ticks are a mess, i agree, maybe things will change after the real tick history is done.

with respect.

Andrey Kisselyov:
I switched to mt5 as soon as I saw the advantages of the tester. i don't care much about hedging or netting.
depends on the programmer and the testing mode. the created ticks are a total mess, i agree, maybe after the introduction of the real tick history something will change.

with respect.

the 5p is implemented in 5p.

Renat Akhtyamov:

implemented in the 5pc

I have not tested it on real ticks, the history of real ticks is too small.

Regards.

Renat Akhtyamov:

please )

I mean, the real thing and the tester are the same.

What's the point of a forum if it's all an illusion?)

Reason: