Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1762

Hi! When testing an EA on a large period, a lot of data is downloaded to the C drive, and as a result there is not enough space. Can you please tell me how to specify another drive to load the data into MT5?

aleksan2021 testing an EA for a large period, a lot of data is loaded on the C disk, and as a result there is not enough space. Please advise how to specify another disk for loading data in MT5 ?

You can copy the terminal folder to any location, even a USB stick. Then create shortcuts to the terminal executable file and editor executable file. In shortcut properties, "Object", write /portable with a space. You will run the terminal and MetaEditor only from the modified shortcuts.

aleksan2021 testing an EA on a large period, a lot of data is uploaded to the C drive, and as a result there is not enough space. Can you please tell me how to specify another drive to upload data to MT5 ?

A symbolic reference.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems & strategy testing

Any questions from newbies on MQL4 and MQL5, tips and discussion on algorithms and codes

Mihail Matkovskij, 2021.11.26 19:56

You can copy the folder with the terminal to any location, even on a flash drive. Then create shortcuts to terminal executable file and editor executable file. In shortcut properties, "Object", write /portable with a space. Bite the terminal and MetaEditor only from the modified shortcuts.

does mt5 work stably in portable mode? doesn't it glitch?

The task is to get the number of digits after the decimal point of the order financial instrument.

MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_DIGITS)

It seems to work, but a warning "possible loss of data due to type conversion" appears. Why? OrderSymbol() returns string.

Nerd Trader #:
int digits=(int)MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_DIGITS);

Use this better, it works in 2 languages 4 and 5:

int digits=(int)SymbolInfoInteger(eSymbol,SYMBOL_DIGITS);

Colleagues please help connect to agents...
rented a 12 core server with 12 GB of RAM...

entered all the data, and it is silent optimization speed is not accelerating.

. saved Local Network Farm list on the server

pasted it on my computer see MT5 recognized... 12 cores, but they don't work
for what reason I don't know how I tried...

Server is 64 bit, winds 2019

like this
schedule round the clock ... if it matters

It says ready... but no start

or have they already banned servers solely to speed up their optimization? to only rent from agent service?

aleksan2021 #:
Does mt5 work stably in portable mode? Does it not glitch?

If you work with brokers then nothing will glitch (they usually deliver release updates of the terminal).

The portable version is the full analogue of the installed terminal. Only, your user directories are in the root of the terminal. That is, it is not linked to directories like the installed programme.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems & strategy testing

Any questions from newbies on MQL4 and MQL5, tips and discussion on algorithms and codes

Mihail Matkovskij, 2021.11.27 06:25

If you work with brokers, nothing will glitch (they usually deliver release updates of the terminal).

The portable version is the full analogue of the installed terminal. Only, your user directories are in the root of the terminal. That is, it is not linked to directories like the installed programme.
and do i understand correctly that even if you reinstall mt5 to another drive, it will still store data on the C drive?

aleksan2021 #:
Am I correct in assuming that even if I reinstall mt5 to a different drive, it will still store data on the C drive?
If you specify /portable, it will store the data where it is installed
Reason: