Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1761

Andrey Sokolov #:
Nikolay Ivanov #:

Guys, cut the crap - what's the point?

Is 700 lines of code the norm?

Nerd Trader #:
Is 700 lines of code the norm?

No indicator at all. Neither complexity nor simplicity.

To display "Hello, World!" 700 lines is the norm?

And for the ISS dashboard?

Artyom Trishkin #:

No indicator at all. Neither complexity nor simplicity.

To display "Hello, World!" 700 lines is the norm?

And for the ISS dashboard?

I wonder about the average number of lines for forex robots, the hospital temperature, so to speak.

Nerd Trader #:

I wonder about the average number of lines for forex robots, the hospital temperature, so to speak.

In programs that work in practice (not in training examples) the number of lines is measured in thousands and tens of thousands. It is impossible to say anything about a 700 line program. You have to see it first. Thus, the main thing is not how many lines you have, but how much functionality you put into them.

Mihail Matkovskij #:

I don't know what your concept is... If you think this functionality is necessary, then it probably has its place... But if you don't know why you put it there, it's probably better to remove everything unnecessary and leave what you need.

Everything is necessary. Bill Williams' concept. And I'm just bragging about my 700 lines, don't mind me, this is the second serious project for me.

Nerd Trader #:
Everything is needed. The Bill Williams concept. And I'm just bragging about my 700 lines, don't mind me, this is the second serious project for me.

It gives the impression that you are working to order, with the fear that the customer might not be satisfied...

Mihail Matkovskij #:

It gives the impression that you are working to order, with the fear that the customer might not be satisfied...

No, I am writing a dream project for myself. It's too early for me to write to order, I'm a complete beginner in mql4 and know a little of programming basics.

Nerd Trader #:
No, I am writing for myself, a dream project. I am a complete beginner in mql4 and barely know the basics of programming.

I can see why you are so insecure. Try your EA on demo and in the tester. You can't rule out errors...

Mihail Matkovskij #:

I can see why you are so insecure. Try your expert on the demo and in the tester. You can't rule out errors...

I do, everything works perfectly, thank Rothschild.
Reason: