Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1763

aleksan2021 #:
and do i understand correctly that even if you reinstall mt5 on a different drive, it will still store the data on the C drive?

No. They have to be copied to the portable version of the terminal. If you need to copy the quotes, then in the portable version, the data directory, is the root of the terminal. Then, Bases - folder with server name - history - folder with symbol name.

Click on the item

and it should give you terminal root directory which you copied and specify in properties of the executable file shortcut command /portable.

there is another way to "transfer to another drive"...

together with all APPDATA and ROAMING. When the "C" drive is of insignificant size and nearing exhaustion, with a lot of software installed, it is worth transferring all the data in bulk. And "C" will be dramatically unloaded.

But the recipe goes beyond the forum :-) just type "transfer APPDATA to another drive" into your search engine

I specify the unpacking path when installing the terminal, and I've never applied the wordportable

Everything is always in its place

Vitaly Muzichenko installing the terminal, and I've never applied the wordportable

Always everything in its place.

No Vitaly. If you don't specify \portable in the shortcut, when you install it on another drive, it will have only executable files and icon, while all advisors, indicators, scripts and the most unpleasant thing - all history will be on the C drive:

Vitaly Muzichenko installing the terminal, and I've never applied the wordportable

Everything is always in its place

The portable option is convenient in that all data is always stored in one place and work is not dependent on its location. You can copy the terminal to a USB stick, along with all the data, and work on any computer.

I decided to reinstall mt5 from scratch, so that everything would be correct. Am I doing it right - I download the distribution from metaquotes.net (I don't want to take it from broker's site, because distribution is not so clean there), when installing I specify disk D and anyway I should use wordportable, because otherwise I cannot make mt5 store data on installation disk (in my case it is disk D), even if I install mt5 from scratch?

aleksan2021 #:
I decided to reinstall mt5 from scratch, to make it correct. Am I doing it right - I download the distribution from metaquotes.net (I don't want to get it from broker's site, because it seems that distribution is not so clean), when installing I indicate a disk D and I still have to use wordportable, because no other way to make mt5 store data on installation disk (disk D in my case), even if I install mt5 from scratch?

You can install a clean distribution from the officialMetaQuotes website. But still, user data will be on the system disk. Install the terminal and do as I said above.

Alexey Viktorov #:

No Vitaly. If you don't specify \portable in the shortcut, when you install it on another drive, it will only have executable files and an icon, while all EAs, indicators, scripts and the most unpleasant thing - all the history will be on the C drive:

---

Mihail Matkovskij #:

Here. What I was talking about aleksan2021.

I mean, it's not working correctly on my D drive without \portable ?

Reason: