Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1768

Alexey Viktorov #:

Then there's no window like this?

And then this one.

Note that the checkboxes are off

There is this window, the checkboxes are off here, I don't touch them

aleksan2021 #:

this is the shortcut.

I fixed the shortcut before the first run, deleted the folder, but after launching from the shortcut the folder appears again

but it's without the terminal.

MakarFX #:

But it is already without a terminal

Well, anyway, when I try to install the EA demo from the website another terminal starts up for me

aleksan2021 #:

Well anyway when I try to install the EA demo from the website another terminal is starting for me

Press select and specify your terminal on drive D

aleksan2021 #:

there is a window, the checkboxes here are off, I don't touch them

So in the second picture you have to press "Select" and specify the installed terminal...

Alexey Viktorov #:
So in the second picture you have to press "Select" and specify the installed terminal...

only this pops up in Opera

after clicking on "open application in "metatrader 5" a new terminal opens immediately, there is no window with application selection

aleksan2021 #:

after clicking on "open application in "metatrader 5" a new terminal opens immediately, there is no window with application selection

Clear cookies in Opera

MakarFX #:
Clean cookies in Opera

Didn't help, and I don't remember ever getting a window asking me to select an application in Opera. Well, fuck it. I'll install EAs directly from mt5. I hope it is the only bug in portable version. Thank you all very much for your help!

aleksan2021 #:

after you click on "open application in "metatrader 5" a new terminal opens immediately, there is no window with application selection

As MT has been removed many times, there is nothing stopping you from removing it again, but not just one folder, but all the references to the terminal. Then when repeating the whole procedure, look carefully where the checkbox from my warning is checked. Uncheck it and go to the next step. Then install the terminal any way you like, either by restoring from the recycle bin or by a new installation. If you want to use the /portable switch, do this as well. Then retry installing the EA in the terminal, using the path to the terminal, and make sure there are no checkboxes...

aleksan2021 #:

Didn't help, and I don't remember ever getting a window asking me to select an application in Opera. Well, fuck it. I'll install EAs directly from mt5. I hope it is the only bug in portable version. Thank you all very much for your help!

There are no bugs in the portable version. I always use it because it is convenient for me. It has the same interface as the installed one, but it is not connected to any directories, which is a plus. And automatic start of applications in the portable version is possible by means of registry edit. But I have never even thought about how to do it, because I am satisfied with testing applications in the installed version. May be, other programmers can tell you how to find installation path of the terminal in registry and change it... And to correctly delete the installed terminal, you can revert to the old terminal path. Or delete the installed terminal and make an entry in the registry for the portable version in the same place where the entry for the installed terminal was.

Reason: