Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1764

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

So, it's not working correctly on my D drive without \portable ?

It's quite possible that it works for you. It's just that I always use the portable version. So I could be wrong. How did you achieve that?

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

---

That doesn't tell you anything. Where do you run MT from? From a shortcut? Show me the shortcut properties.

If at least once the terminal is started from shortcut with \portable key, the folders will remain where the terminal is installed, on the C drive:

I gave up on the standard terminal installation a long time ago. I do it this way

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

New version of MetaTrader 4 build 1090

Alexey Viktorov, 2017.07.17 08:51

Send him two files from your mt4

1. terminal.exe

2. metaeditor.exe

Further actions

1. Create a directory at the desired location on the desired drive.

2. Put these 2 files there.

3. Create a shortcut to terminal.exe with the /portable switch if desired.

4. Run the terminal using the created shortcut and in the box. All necessary files and folders are created and all EAs, indicators and scripts are loaded.

5. Login to the account or register a new demo account.

ALL...

It's the same for MT5. And Renat confirmed it. I didn't save the link to his message, though.

Installed from scratch on D drive, put /portable in the shortcut, but when installing the EA, another copy of mt5 is launched and it requires me to log in to mt5 personal account (at the same time another mt5 is open and I am logged in there). When I ran mt5 normally (without portable) I didn't run one more copy of mt5, but everything opened in the current copy and didn't require logging in again.

Alexey Viktorov #:

That doesn't tell you anything. Where do you start MT from? From a shortcut? Show shortcut properties.

If you start terminal from shortcut with \portable key even once, the folders will stay where the terminal is installed, on C drive:

I gave up on the standard terminal installation a long time ago. This is how I do it.

It's the same for MT5. And Renat has confirmed it. I didn't save the link to his message, though.

During many years of using terminals I've never once prescribed portable

Always installed it to drive D and used it. Reading about portable on forum, I never understood why it is needed, so I never used it.

aleksan2021 installing EA one more copy of mt5 starts and it requires logging in mt5 personal account(at the same time one more mt5 is opened and I am logged in there). When I ran mt5 normally (without portable) I didn't run one more copy of mt5, but everything opened in the current copy and didn't require to log in again.

So two terminals are installed.

No, i have only one installed on my computer, i just launch mt5, then go tohttps://www.mql5.com and click install (i've always done that before), but now i launch one more mt5 and previously i installed the advisor in an already open mt5

Forum on trading, automated trading systems & strategy testing

Any questions from newbies on MQL4 and MQL5, tips and discussion on algorithms and codes

Vitaly Muzichenko, 2021.11.27 12:16

I have never prescribed portable in all terminals over the years.

Always put it on drive D and use it. Reading about portable on forum, never understood why i need it, so i never used it.

I don't know why I used it, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I downloaded mt5 from my broker's site?

aleksan2021 #:

No, only one is installed on my computer, i just start mt5, then i go to the EA page onhttps://www.mql5.com and there i click install it (i always did this before), but now another mt5 is started, and previously the EA was installed in an already open mt5

So two terminals installed !!!

Did you uninstall the old one?

aleksan2021 #:

maybe it's because you have mt5 downloaded from the broker's website?

Maybe, but not sure, the only difference in terminals is the label

Really two different terminals are running, the second terminal runs with the data folder on the C drive and the new one on the D drive. Before installing the new one, I uninstalled the old one via "install and uninstall applications" from the windup, but it seems to have been uninstalled incorrectly or something. How then, it turns out, should the old terminals be correctly uninstalled?

Reason: