[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 121

alex12:
The main problem is not the big profits (it is secondary), but whether your expert will be able to keep afloat from 2000 to 2011 years.

He won't even be able to last on four-figure quotes!!! :))))

It's all about the fact that there were no five figure quotes before. That's why he's been losing in the past... The EA has short stops (virtual) and likes small spreads! :))))

On metaquotes it's been confidently testing since 2009 (It's floundering in 2008)! :DD

But this test was performed with local brokerage company quotes (no big history to upload).

Do you have such a deposit? To withstand that kind of drawdown? You may, of course, start with a small lot, but what kind of million are we talking about? Hundreds of roubles... But then again, you need a big deposit, which means that the account will have thousands of rubles? You may want to increase the lot a bit, the deposit will not be able to withstand drawdowns and everything will go down the drain. Moreover, changes are coming now. The market is changing. It's not what it used to be...

And this is just a tiny example. One of the cases.

rim-9000:

Can you advise if you know, is it possible to set the testing period in the terminal accurate to one hour at least?

I'm not sure that you can. But it is possible to limit the running time in the EA. You can check right down to the exact date (end of test, start of test) and the hour you need.

MaxZ:

He won't even be able to last on four-figure quotes!!! :))))

Do you have such a deposit? To withstand such drawdowns? Of course you can start with a small lot. Hundreds of roubles... But then again, you need a big deposit, which means that the account will have thousands of rubles? You may want to increase the lot a bit, the deposit will not be able to withstand drawdowns and everything will go down the drain. Moreover, changes are coming now. The market is changing. It's not what it used to be...

And this is just a tiny example. One of the cases.

I'm not sure that you can. But it is possible to limit the running time in the EA. You can check right down to the exact date (end of test, start of test) and the hour you need.

Why are you so attached to this drawdown? Take it without leverage and trade it without worry.

But there is one But - you have to say goodbye to your initial deposit in advance. And the rest is up to you.

alex12:

Why are you so attached to this drawdown? Take it without leverage and trade with no worries.

But there's one thing - you have to say goodbye to your initial deposit. And then what happens.

I've never seen a DC like that... Not interested, though. Or we are not talking about DCs? Do you have a link? You can do it in person.

alex12:
The Main Objective is still not the Big Profit (it's secondary), but whether your Expert Advisor can stay afloat from 2000 to 2011.
MaxZ:

Why be modest? Four months and you're already a MULTIPLE! :)))))

Guys ... What are you doing there? You've got an initial deposit of 10K bucks. Start with real numbers for your tests.

How much free money do you have, so you won't be afraid of losing it? I have made you an Expert Advisor for real money.

Alex - I made you an EA for real money - so run the tests with a real depo, which you will be able to put on your account. Then the studio report... (deplorable).

You're still flying in the clouds... :) I think after the real tests you'll think about the drawdown ... and come back down to earth... ;)

ZS And don't forget about the back and forward tests... I've already told you a lot :)

artmedia70:
MaxZ:

Guys... What are you doing there? You have an initial deposit of 10K Bakinskiy. Start with real numbers for your tests.

Leverage 1k25. I have $100. I can open a deal with EURUSD with 0,01 lot. In a month the lot will be > 10, and the deposit will be equal to > 100.000$.

I do not want to post the result of the test. I don't want to litter the forum with it. And it's just a test. Take my word for it! :D

Probably something will work on a Micro account, but then I will have problems (I am a scalper, TP=150 pips)...

The point was not the point...

artmedia70:

You keep flying in the clouds... :) I think after the real tests you'll think about the drawdown... and come back to the earth... ;)

Me too! :D

Plus, without drawdowns the EA has more potential.

MaxZ:

Shoulder 1k25. I have $100. I can open a 0.01 lot on EURUSD. In a month the lot will be > 10, and the deposit will become equal to > 100.000$.

I do not want to post the result of the test. I do not want to litter the forum anymore. This is just a test. I don't want to post the result of the test, but it's only a test. Take my word for it! :D And I can do something on a Micro account, but then I will have problems...

That's not the point.

That's what I'm talking about. :D

Plus, the Expert Advisor has more potential without drawdowns!

Made a bespoke advisor... Tests showed about 300-400 per cent a month... But the drawdown was horrible... more than the initial deposit. The strategy was...

I tried for a long time to persuade the client not to spend money on constructing the Expert Advisor... In the end I had to make... ...a deposit killer :)))))))))

For EURUSD I can open a deal with 0.01 lots. In a month the lot will be > 10, and the deposit will equal to > $100.000.

Do you want to try it with a fixed lot? Have you tried it, in order to see how well the strategy works? Or is it a martin?

artmedia70:
I made an Expert Advisor to order... Tests showed about 300 - 400 percent a month... But the drawdowns were horrible... ... more than the initial deposit. The strategy was...
I persuaded the client for a long time not to spend money on making an EA... In the end I had to make... deposit killer :)))))))))

Awesome!!! :)) :))

artmedia70:

I can open a 0.01 lot on EURUSD. In a month the lot will be > 10, and the deposit will become equal to > 100.000$.

And you want to test it with a fixed lot? Have you tried it, in order to see how well the strategy works? Or is it a martin?

There is a linear growth with constant lot. The Expert Advisor catches the strong "tick" impulses (that can develop during a minute or two or three, as it happens) and tries to follow them.

The basic idea: get, for example, 10 losses in a row (not more than 5-10 pips in size), then 10 Breakeven losses and at least one profitable trade (with TP = 150 pips). Everything is perfect in the tester. Losses and breakeven are much less than in the described model.

But there are many inconsistencies on the real account. The matter is in generation of ticks by the tester. In the tester, it is much easier to enter and breakeven. We should limit the tester. As a result, we've got another tester's grail (but it works only on five signs!)... Yes, I refused four signs for this model too, as a matter of principle! ;)

I was watching the tester with such happy eyes, and then I started to use a demo account and was disappointed. I keep digging in that direction though... May be it is not worth it? Maybe this is just an illusion? :DDD

But it was one of the participants of the contest on the demo accounts that gave me the idea. He has won the contest more than once. The principle is the same, but how does it detect entries (and it is a multicurrency, but not for sure, maybe there are several open currency pairs and EA is hanging on each one) and how does it understand that the entry is false and closes the position so early without letting it go in long minus (literally half a minute, a minute or two)? Or the deal is already at breakeven and wait for profit or b/o... The deal history is open and freely accessible on the web-site of the Broker that is running the contest.

MaxZ:
I've never seen a DC like that... Not interested, though. Or we are not talking about DCs? Do you have a link? You may send it to me.
If you open a demo account in MT4 you must specify the leverage. It may be 1:500, 1:100, 1:1.

artmedia70:
MaxZ:

Guys... What are you doing there? You've got an initial deposit of 10,000 bucks. Start with real numbers for your tests.

How much free money do you really have, so you don't have to worry about wasting it? I have made you an Expert Advisor - I made it for you.

Alex - I made you an EA for real money - so run the tests with a real depo, which you will be able to put on your account. Then the studio report... (deplorable).

You're still flying in the clouds... :) I think after the real tests you'll think about the drawdown ... and come back down to earth... ;)

ZS And don't forget about the back and forward tests... been told a lot already :)

Right. I still can't get to the tests close to Real. There's just so many options for testing on settings that I'm running out of time.

But I'll get to it sooner or later anyway )

It's nice to dream, though :)

alex12:
MaxZ:
I've never seen such a brokerage company. Although I'm not interested. Or we are not talking about brokerage houses? Can you give me the link? You may do it in your personal message.
When you open a demo account in MT4, you must specify the leverage. It may be 1:500, 1:100, 1:1.

That's what you call a shoulderless account. I see! :))) Thank you.

Have you checked how much money you need to open a deal with 0.01 lots, if you have the leverage of 1:1? Did you calculate how much you will make from it (what "MULTIPLE" are we talking about)?

And I see that you have a lot of trades in the market... With such a risky strategy that has to withstand considerable drawdowns, you are trying to combine the incompatible! :DD

Reason: