FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications 2015(continued) - page 534

new-rena:
The cost of the item plus is different. I.e. relative to a leverage of 100 to 1000, the profit/loss also increases by a factor of 10.

Strange, I wrote a reply, pressed add (publish), but I don't see it.

Lun. I will repeat it.

The point value at lower and higher leverage is the same. And the profit/loss is the same in spite of differences in the leverage size (with other parameters being equal: lot, financial instrument, open/close price).

If you have the same deposit size you can get to know Uncle Kolya and stop out faster with a smaller leverage than with a larger one.

P./S.: Some nonsense is going on. After adding this repetition, I saw my first reply.

I deleted it. Gone and my first post.

I added the replay again and my first post appeared again.

Apparently it has something to do with the posts jumping to another page.

I will make an experiment. After the next post is published by someone, I will delete my first post on this page.

In continuation of the experiment ))

Glinvit:
Thank you! Deleted my first post. The second one was unaffected, I see.

I would also add that you can almost make sure that the point value is the same with different leverages, for example, by opening an account with one leverage size at first, and then changing this value (including programmed measurements).

At the same time I will cite the link from the "Forum Navigator..." topic, which briefly, but concisely says what leverage is: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/131853.

P./S.: That is, the risk at bigger leverage, as I can only speculate, may be that due to less margin required to open a position, some people may be tempted to trade as large a lot as possible, including not to trade with the same size of a deposit, but with less leverage. However, this possible risk comes to naught if money management is strictly observed, which is due to personal traits of particular individuals and is not inherent to every trader in general.

P./S.: To useful qualities of bigger leverage (but I shall specify more, that I concern with some misgivings myself to those, that above 100) I attribute also that at the expense of smaller size of the demanded deposit, on the trading account it is possible in fact to keep only a part of the sum allocated for trade. The other part of it, even if it is supposed to be your trading capital, according to money management rules and, of course, reserved for trading, but, as it turns out, released at the expense of bigger leverage, you can keep in reserve on a regular bank deposit, obtaining additionally from this withdrawn from the trading deposit reserve even if small, but stable regular bank interest (besides, it also gives the possibility to decrease your sudden financial losses, for example, if the organization through which you trade suddenly says "Bye-bye" and closes down).

tatyanzinovenko:
Guys, what is the best leverage for a $100 account?
Read Strange carefully, in my opinion he wrote it right .... You should start with a small one. If you fail, go on studying... Better let men earn and girls spend ;-).

shark8:
Who proposes to lose? But if it happens, we can already draw conclusions... Myth was doing an experiment to make money from the quid. But he's a professional. And what will a beginner get out of a quid? To make money with 10-5 is 50 percent of your initial deposit, and with 100-5 is 5 percent, and it's better for a beginner than the first option. And if you have less frozen money in your pledge, what's wrong with that. And with a lemon 10,000 a month at all 1%. Many here would die of laughter at such a result. So size does matter. Shoulders are deceptive, I agree... It's what's on them that counts.
Let him earn 50 cents, but he'll make 5 cents every week, the point is not the amount, it's whether he can or can't.

Dina Paches:

I would also add that so-to-something almost make sure that the value of points is the same with different leverage, you can, for example, opening an account with one leverage size first, and then changing this value (including measurements can be done programmatically).

At the same time I will cite the link from the "Forum Navigator..." topic, which briefly, but concisely says what leverage is: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/131853.

P./S.: That is, the risk at bigger leverage, as I can only speculate, may be that due to less margin required to open a position, some people may be tempted to trade as large a lot as possible, including not to trade with the same size of a deposit, but with less leverage. However, with strict observance of money management this possible risk, which is caused by personal traits of certain individuals and is not inherent to every trader in general, comes to naught.

P./S.: To useful qualities of bigger leverage (but I shall specify more, that I concern with some misgivings myself to those, that above 100) I attribute also that at the expense of smaller size of the demanded deposit, on the trading account it is possible in fact to hold only a part of the sum allocated for trade. The other part of it, even if it is supposed to be your trading capital, according to money management rules and, of course, reserved for trading, but, as it turns out, released at the expense of bigger leverage, you can keep in reserve on a regular bank deposit, obtaining additionally from this withdrawn from the trading deposit reserve even if small, but stable regular bank interest (besides, it also gives the possibility to decrease your sudden financial losses, for example, if the organization through which you trade suddenly says "Bye-bye" and closes down).

Try it.

For the purity of your experiment it is advisable to open two different accounts with different leverage.

If you can't get a practically meaningful result explaining the difference in pip value with different leverage, use leverage of 2000 in trading and good riddance.

new-rena:
The point value plus is different. I.e. relative to the leverage of 100 to 1000, the profit/loss also increases by 10 times.

Rena... you don't know the most basic things. The point value does not depend on the leverage at all. It's only the amount of collateral to open a trade that depends on the leverage. The higher the leverage - the lower the margin. Respectively, when a margin call occurs, a smaller amount will remain in your account.

Bicus:

Rena... you don't know the most basic things. The point value does not depend on the leverage at all. It's only the amount of collateral to open a trade that depends on the leverage. The higher the leverage - the lower the margin. Respectively, when a margin call occurs, a smaller amount will remain in the account.

If you've been sitting on the same leverage your whole life, keep studying it

If the deposit is 100$, you can leverage from 1:500 and more. The trades should be opened with 0.01 lot. It is enough for a long time (if you do not include all kinds of martins and grids).
Reason: