How do you calculate the length of a line from the coordinates? - page 4

AlexSTAL:

How do you get the zigzag line length (wavelength in essence) in any units, knowing the coordinates of two points?

Necessary to compare the lengths of the two wavelengths as a percentage

compare the waves in terms of two indicators - time and price change. If you want to reduce to one, you must understand how this indicator will change at different values of the price and time. The simplest is the rate of price change, or acceleration. You can also come up with more complex indicators, only this is not the objective, but the means.

Urain:
If I don't understand it then it can't be.
You get it wrong, you don't get it right, but you get it anyway, so it's there, but not the way you want it to be.)

Speed turns out to be "apples/parrots" too? D

I don't see an ideological problem with the price change/time index bar difference work.

Working with time indices is needed to eliminate Sunday and Saturday omissions...

;)

sanyooooook:
no )
Oh, that's right, there are 2 hypotenuses, because there are 2 triangles :)

Sorry... I was away and four pages were written... I'll read and reply tomorrow

FreeLance:

I don't see an ideological problem with the price change/time index bar difference work.

Working with time indices is needed to eliminate Sunday and Saturday omissions...

;)

Division is used in the rate calculation, if apples are divided by parrots, you can find out how many apples each parrot will get

jartmailru:
You have to visualise it graphically. For example, a lot of time has passed but the price has not moved. We got the impulse length of 100. Or the price went up sharply and got the length of 100. What is the meaning of the equality of these two lengths?

Imagine there are two groups of bulls and bears in the market right now,

the result is that when both groups have exhausted themselves and come to a price agreement, the momentum will end.

Now with the same tactics of the attacking side let's consider two tactics of the defending one (the defending one is the one with less power, as a result it will win but at what price? )

The first tactic is to protect the bears by throwing everything in at once - the result is a high lift and a sharp pullback.

The second tactic is to buy in small increments gradually - the result is a smooth rise and the price stabilizes below the first option.

If we ignore the defence and concentrate on the attack, how can we measure the power of the attackers' impulse?

Only through a method such as the one described above.

Although I agree that there is no trading strategy on how to use this yet,

I don't think so far, because we haven't really studied it.

If we do the same in Forex, we will have the same result as everyone else, so we will all lose.

Abzasc:
Oh, that's right, there are two hypotenuses because there are two triangles :)
what is your hypotenuse measured in? in what units?

denis_orlov:

I was just recently chatting to a friend about why you can't set the length of the trend line in centimetres

And the market lost another trader :)))

FreeLance:

Working with time indices is needed to eliminate the omissions for Sunday and Saturday...

;)

You are asking about

Root( Square(DeltaPrice) + Square(DeltaTime) )

;)

Reason: