Is there a need for a lock in MT5? - page 16

Reshetov писал(а) >>

A position locked in minus equals a position closed in minus. See Equity.

Provided you can't sit out the position and close both trades in the plus.

And anyway, why are there opponents of lots? Why do losing lots bother Mischek, Svinozavr and Urain? I'm sorry for those who aren't listed, but I have a question for you too. I understand jokes are jokes, but you're not seriously ordering lockers! You don't use lockers, you don't know why you may need them, and you'll be fine if they are still possible! What is the point of your argument with those who want to have locks in the MT5?

P.S. Imagine that MQ announces: But just imagine, if MQ would announce: "You cannot use red indicators in MT5" Some of you will say: "Ok, we will use green ones", but others will say: "What is wrong with red?" And those who want green indicators are boating to prove to them that red indicators irritate traders, and they will lose their deposits because of it! And that is why red indicators should be banned by the NFA!

001 писал(а) >>

+10. There's a joke in every joke.

>> I join in.

api >> :

Provided you cannot sit out the position and close both trades in profit.

Don't forget that you can also sit out and close in an even bigger minus after trying to break even. Because if you have blocked the minus, immediately after unblocking it will remain the same minus (not counting the loss of spread on the closed position) and will not turn into a plus. See on Equity.

Reshetov писал(а) >>

Don't forget that it is also possible to over sit and close in an even bigger minus after trying to break even. Because if you have blocked the minus, immediately after unblocking it will remain the same minus (not counting the loss of spread on the closed position) and will not turn into a plus. See on Equity.

You see - there is no unambiguity. The lock can lead to profits as well as losses. And you stated that it may only lead to losses. After all, the phrase "a position locked in the red equals a position closed in the red" represents a definite loss, doesn't it?

Roger писал(а) >>
It's not clear what you wanted. That the amount of people's anger in this thread exceeded the limit and made Metakvotians make MT5 with locks? Or what?

Exactly that. What we get is this. The part of the traders who are militant in their ignorance (in terms of locks), pours water on the shallow CA and assures, what a laugh, who is successful in using locks? This is the Metacquota's tune of cutting lots. What the hell for? >> Somebody needs loki!!!

Reshetov писал(а) >>

Don't forget that it is also possible to over sit and close in an even bigger minus after trying to break even. Because if you have blocked the minus, immediately after unblocking it will remain the same minus (not counting the loss of spread on the closed position) and will not turn into a plus. See on equity.

Head-on question. How many times have you used a lock?

api >> :

Provided you can't sit out the position and close both trades in profit.

And in general, why are there opponents of locks? What exactly do locks bother you Mischek, you Svinozavr, you Urain...? I'm sorry for those who aren't listed, but I have a question for you too. I understand jokes are jokes, but you're not seriously ordering lockers! You don't use lockers, you don't know why you may need them, and you'll be fine if they're still possible! What is the point of your argument with those who want to have locks in the MT5?

P.S. Imagine that MQ announces: But just imagine, if MQ would announce: "You cannot use red indicators in MT5" Some of you will say: "Ok, we will use green ones", but others will say: "What is wrong with red?" And those who want green indicators are boating to prove to them that red indicators irritate traders, and they will lose their deposits because of it! And that is why red indicators must be banned by the NFA!

- Loki is not in the way.

- not only will they be in the top 5 or not, but it doesn't depend on us.

- I really do not understand why they may be needed (with one exception which has not been discussed in this thread) but NO ONE HAS AN EXPLANATION

- the comparison to the red one does not work

The only possible use of Loks in MT4 is in the following situation

You work with the hands according to the indicator, get a signal to buy a lot, buy, after a while buy 2 more lots, buy, after a while buy another lot, buy, after an hour 8 buy order and a signal (on the news, the rapid movement) to close all the buy

We cannot avoid slippage, here we may block the amount, and before going to bed at calm calmly close everything, but that is not what we are dealing with in this topic

And that's not the problem in 5K.

It's about the "position" or its structure.

The market doesn't care what your position is composed of or how you take into account its structure and how many Expert Advisors it has, all that matters is the bottom line - the "position".

The market does not really care how you take it into account, or monitor its components, either with a pencil on a piece of paper or in the form of mt4 orders in the terminal, but in all cases this is BACKGROUND

and it's only your problem

The first derivative of a cow is beef, the second is sausage and you have sausage as the first derivative of a cow )

001 >> :

Exactly that. What we get is this. The part of the traders who are militant in their ignorance (in terms of locks), pours water on the shallow CA and assures, what a laugh, who is successful in using locks? This is the Metacquota's tune of cutting lots. What the hell for? Somebody needs locks!!!

No matter what, but the presence of locks, even when they are not used, it's better . It is true that when there is a possibility for something, even if it (this possibility) seems to be unnecessary, better than the total lack of it! Freedom of choice is a great thing!

You're not forcing everyone to switch to MT5, they're not cancelling MT4.

If you need a multi-currency analysis, you have to rewrite it for 5, so what do you care if Mt5 has no locks? And if you want to rewrite it for 5, you'll have to rewrite it in your brain, don't you think how to avoid this problem?

Mischek >> :

It is a question of the "position" or the structure of the position

The market does not care what your position consists of or how you calculate its structure, or how many Expert Advisors you have, all that matters is the bottom line - the "position".

The market does not give a damn how you will take it into account, whether it is a pencil on a piece of paper or an mt4 order in the terminal, but in all cases this is BACKGROUND

and this is just your problem.

The first derivative of a cow is beef and the second is sausage and you have sausage as the first derivative of a cow)

I agree, the market or the broker cares exactly about the components of the aggregate position. The question is only in the convenience and reliability of ACCOUNTING. With MQL5 convenience is not difficult to achieve in MT5. Reliability - nothing.

Reason: