AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 82

What about a monitor? What about mobility? What about four kinds of network? What about batteries for a few hours? What about everything? Keyboard, mouse? Licensed Windows, in the end.

HideYourRichess >> :
What about a monitor? What about mobility? What about 4 kinds of network? What about batteries for a few hours? What about the whole thing? Keyboard, mouse? Licensed Windows, in the end.

1. Wo wo wifi and WiMAx to work the "machines"! Tested for more than one year - cable and only cable!

2. Do you need a monitor all the time for the "machine"? There is a monitor with 2 or more inputs and an input switch for that.

Once again, I'll make a note of it:

It's one thing to have a comp for trading. It's another thing for testing/optimisation. Completely different configuration requirements.

Critical requirements for a computer for trading (any):

- Ability to work without network for long periods of time;

- availability of alternative Internet connection channels;

- For me it's also about portability. I like to, you know, trade in the john! )))

Laptops and netbooks are best suited to these criteria. The latter even more so. If you put out the screen, the battery life of even cheap netbooks can easily reach half a day. A desktop computer requires an additional UPS and wireless interfaces - not all have the same set-up as the average netbook. All this turns out to be more expensive and inconvenient simply in terms of physics - there is a lot of space and it is not mobile.

What is needed to test the optimisation is discussed here for 80 pages already. This computer is not used for trading in normal mode, as running optimization (which is what it is used for) will slow everything down.

It makes sense to have one n-book for trading and one workstation for development and stuff, including who needs to play NFS etc..

I don't see the point of getting TWO desktop computers with two UPS's (don't just plug them into one!).

Svinozavr >> :

Once again, I'll make a note of it:

It's one thing to have a comp for trading. It's another thing for testing/optimisation. Completely different configuration requirements.

Critical requirements for a computer for trading (any):

- Ability to work without network for long periods of time;

- availability of alternative Internet connection channels;

- For me, it's also about portability. I like to go to the john, you know! )))

Laptops and netbooks are best suited to these criteria. The latter even more so. If you put out the screen, the battery life of even cheap netbooks can easily reach half a day. A desktop computer requires an additional UPS and wireless interfaces - not all have the same set-up as the average netbook. All this turns out to be more expensive and inconvenient simply in terms of physics - there is a lot of space and it is not mobile.

What is needed to test the optimisation is discussed here for 80 pages already. This computer is not used for trading in normal mode, as running optimization (which is what it is used for) will slow everything down.

It makes sense to have one n-book for trading and one workstation for development and other stuff, including who needs to play NFS etc..

I don't see the point of owning TWO desktop computers with two UPS's (don't just plug them into one!).

...having alternative internet connections;

WiFi and WiMAx for running "automata" is a false path!!!

...It all turns out to be more expensive and inconvenient simply by physics - there's a lot of space and it's not mobile.

NOT TRUE!!!

...I don't see the point in getting TWO desktop PCs with two UPS's (don't just plug them into one!).

NOT TRUE!!!

four2one >> :

Wo wo wifi and WiMAx to work "automatons"! Tested more than one year - cable and only cable!

They will rip your cable, so what?

If you are so smart, why do not you think about the fact that in different regions (and even in different shops) prices are different. Different manufacturer, different quality. For these things the budget does not matter. Because "the miser pays twice" (c).

The same difference in the quality of Internet (someone's cable breaks 10 times a week, someone's satellite due to rain does not work properly).

If you like atlons, sit on atlons. If you like Intel, let them do it. You can also calculate the power costs, because of the price.

The main thing is that you don't have to explain why it's so important to have a good computer at the moment. You need to understand that AMD stones for the middle segment and Intel for the high end.

A few years of common sense have proved it: cable + stand-by Internet. e.g. mobile phone as a last resort.

four2one >> :

1. Wo wo wifi and WiMAx to work the "machines"! Tested over many years - cable and only cable!

2. Do you need a monitor for the "machine" all the time? There is a monitor with 2 or more inputs and an input switch for that.

1. Are you forbidden to connect to a netbook via its RJ45 connector? The availability of alternative (do you know what the word "alternative" means?) communication channels allows you to switch to a backup channel if the connection to the main provider is lost.

2. No. Not necessary. You can close the lid of the netbook and even the keyboard won't get dusty.

It's just that a netbook is cheaper and more practical in THIS application than a desktop. Again, no one forbids trading from the latter. The thread is, after all, about something else - a powerful desktop computer for platform-specific computing. I see, the topic is a bit stagnant due to uncertainty with the 5th tester, so we are communicating for training purposes.)))

Svinozavr >> :

2. No. Not necessary. You can close the lid of a netbook and even the keyboard won't get dusty.

It's just that a netbook is cheaper and more practical in THIS application than a stationary one.

There's only one drawback, if something goes wrong in a tenbook. It's not always possible to find a spare part quickly :(

four2one >> :

...availability of alternative Internet connection channels;

WiFi and WiMAx to run "machines" is a false path!!!

...It all turns out to be more expensive and inconvenient simply by physics - lots of space and not mobile.

NOT TRUE!!!

...I don't see the point in getting TWO desktop computers with two UPS's (don't plug them into one!).

NOT TRUE!!!

Well, no, it isn't. ))) Even if you trade from a server rack, the main thing is the result, after all.

Svinozavr >> :

1. Are you not allowed to connect on your netbook to its RJ45 socket? The availability of alternative (do you know what "alternative" means?) communication channels allows you to switch to a backup channel if the connection to the main provider is lost.

2. No. Not necessary. You can close the lid of the netbook and even the keyboard won't get dusty.

It's just that a netbook is cheaper and more practical in THIS application than a desktop. Again, no one forbids trading from the latter. The thread is about something else, though - a powerful desktop computer for computing on a particular platform. I understand, the topic is a bit sluggish due to uncertainty of the 5th tester, so we're just communicating for training purposes))).

1. I even made a whole thread about it, do you know how to look for it?

2....Just a netbook is cheaper and more practical in THIS application than a desktop...

Wrong statement.

Panzer >> :

There is only one drawback: if something goes wrong in a netbook. A spare part can't always be found quickly :(

(shrugging) Yeah, sure. Anything's possible. Well, I'll have to switch to a desktop then. Only the chance of something going wrong in a self-built computer with an overclocked rock, where the responder has been forgotten since the last upgrade, is much greater. And if the desktop isn't selfassembled, but some branded nettop, then the chance of finding a part for it is the same as for a netbook.

Reason: