Where is the line between fitting and actual patterns? - page 44

Mathemat:
There must be no dedicated parameters in the system for there to be no fitting. Any system which does (say, a waving with periods of 8 and 33: why 8, why 33?!) is subject to fitting.

Not even because there is no logic in these numbers, but because few people will use them. You have to see what a lot of people see and what they are guided by. It doesn't really matter that, for example, Ma24 captures completely different sessions at different times. The main thing is that many people see and use it. But the extremums are better - everybody sees them almost identically :)

IgorM:
the week does not change, but the starting point of MA120 will change every hour, to be logical, draw a trend line, the first point 0 on Mon, and the second 0 on Sat - imho such a line will give you much more information to think about than a moving average ;)
No. I don't need information to think about. I need a trend indicator. The MA suits me, but the trendline does not.

paukas:
No. I don't need information for reflection. I need a trend indicator. Here's an MA that fits, but a trend indicator like this doesn't at all.
suum cuique
HH: the main thing is not to analyze the slope of MA - autoscaling of graphs is confusing

IgorM:
suum cuique
HH: the main thing is not to analyze the slope of the MA - auto-scaling charts confuses
You can confuse a man by eye, but you cannot confuse the algorithm. It measures in pips.

paukas:
It's a human being, he's by eye, but you can't trip up the algorithm. It measures in pips.

For algorithms, a different air defence system - shoots them down many times more efficiently, I mean the kickbacks.

IgorM:

for the algorithms a different air defence system - shoots it down many times more effectively, I mean rollbacks
You can't take him down. More than 700 trades real test already. The flight is normal.

paukas:
He can't be taken down. More than 700 deals of real test already. It's going well.

shhhh!

Don't post the stats, because Paukas said that posting the stats to the public spoils your karma!

;)

IgorM:

Shh!

Don't post the stats, because Paukas said that posting the stats to the public spoils your karma!

;)

let the gibbies post the stats :)

lasso:
--------

on the spider an interesting topic to ponder - patterns of hourly movements of the euro - although created a long time ago, I'm sure it still works today...

Reshetov:

This is called the Buridan donkey problem.

Regardless of what to take as a reference point or a unit of time, the real problem lies in your too categorical statement that supposedly: "patterns are easier to find if you consider the speed of price movement".

I guess I'm not quite ready to be categorical yet:

;)

Reason: