AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 77

There are also fanless motherboards available.

Here is one - http://www.ixbt.com/mainboard/intel/intel-d945gsejt.shtml

The power supply can be used from a laptop (12V).

lea >> :

Strange. Imho the need to reboot has the least relation to processor (first you should look for problems with software (as the CPU does what it is required), then with other hardware - memory, etc.).

I use AMD processors for already 10 years (my first computer was an AMD K6-2 300 MHz) but I haven't any problems. Main computer - AMD Athlon x2 6000+ && 3 Gb of Kingston memory works fine for weeks (with UPS). Secondary computer - AMD Athlon XP 1500+ && 512 Mb of memory (unknown firmware) - hangs sometimes (probably, it is connected with some blown capacitors on motherboard near memory - no time to check; no problem software was found).

I had this problem on a very old Celeron-300. All the capacitors on the motherboard were blown and the computer would occasionally crash into a blue screen. Then I took a 60W power supply and re-soldered all the capacitors to new ones - didn't help, it turned out not to be the problem.

A strategic question...

Mum. What to aim for in the future?

Socket 1156 or 1366

kombat >> :

A strategic question...

Mum. What to aim for in the future?

Socket 1156 or 1366

Hi. It's been a while since we've met here.)))

1156 - consumer sector. 1366 - workstations, servers. I was calculating and decided for myself, that the gain from the third channel of RAM, is insignificant, and in some cases simply ostutstvset.

Another consumer difference is the number of PCI Ex lines. On the 55th chipset there are less, but enough for real-world applications.

So I'm all for 1156. Although, you could take a 1366 i7 920 and overclock it. It'll be relatively cheap and hearty. Even taking into account the cost of the motherboard.

For the price, of course, 1156 is more attractive, but I haven't found anything for it yet.

but no, there is, of the expensive ones, i7-870 ~20 kilobr.

(at the same time I'm watching football, I'm upset and confused ;)))

What's wrong with an i7 860, kombat? It costs about 10 grand. And it's faster than the i7 920.

Mathemat >> :

What's wrong with an i7 860, kombat? It costs about 10 grand. And it's faster than an i7 920.

Yeah, I like it, I like it... only it wasn't on the price list...

;)

Just before i start buying i want to decide on the direction.

Because apart from AMD ws Intel, the latter has also pulled a socket joke...

kombat >> :

Yes, I do, I do... just wasn't on the price list...

;)

I just want to decide on the direction before I start shopping.

And apart from AMD ws Intel, the latter also threw out a socket joke...

Do you (or you? I don't remember))) mean burnt boards because of loose connection between the stone and the socket? Yes, it was, but only at one socket supplier.

But yes - I couldn't sleep when I read it! I thought I might get one of those! )))

Svinozavr >> :

burned boards due to loose fit of the stone to the socket contacts? Yes, it happened, but only with one socket supplier.

Who had it, Petya? I'm still looking at the 1156 socket, don't want to go wrong with the motherboard.

Mathemat >> :

Who's had it, Pete? I'm still looking at the 1156 socket, don't want to go wrong with the motherboard.

I'll look it up now. It was either ixbt or 3dnews a week, two years ago. >> Hold on.

Reason: