[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 998

If we cannot place a buy order (but the price is moving to the bottom of the channel), we set further pending buy orders (below the bottom) and when the Bid is touching the bottom of the channel, we enter the market, i.e. for this order we do not care about Stop Levele,

all this fuss with pending orders is needed only for one thing - to avoid requotes as often as possible.

Hello!

Please tell me how to increase the deposit on a demo account.

I had only 1000 and now I have nothing left, I can't even test a strategy with a minimum lot...

I can't even try the strategy with the minimum lot. Thank you!

Lim1:

Hello!

Please tell me how to increase the deposit on a demo account.

I had only 1000 and now I have nothing left, I can't even test a strategy with a minimum lot...

I can't even try the strategy with the minimum lot. Thank you!

Open a new demo account, there is no other way!

artmedia70:
It depends on the width of your channel. If it is larger, and sufficiently larger, than the spread and StopLevel, then trade if the strategy is designed to do so, but if the channel is narrower than that, how will you open in it? Imagine you are at the bottom of the channel and need to open to Buy. And the allowed opening price (including the Stop Level) - is above the upper boundary of the channel, where you want to open to Sell... Is it worth trading this way?
If you place a StopLevel, you open a Sell position at the same price and volume, it is the main thing!

ex_kalibur:
so when you open orders by market, the stopLoss is of no interest to us at all.
Try to set the value of StopLoss, TakeProfit or the price of setting a pending order to be lower than the StopLevel BC ... :)

artmedia70:
And try to set StopLoss, TakeProfit or the price of setting a pending order lower than the DC StopLevel... :)
Yes it is easy, when you open by market te levels are exposed on the assumption that if the stop level allows you to set the levels specified either in the settings or by calculation, then set it, and if not, but the minimum allowable

i.e. if you open a buy order with Take Profit, put it at the level of the upper limit and conditions change, the upper limit slips down this is the problem - you can't do anything with the order, it will not close at take profit and you won't close at market, stop loss prevents it,

When you use a Take Profit and pendants, you are insured against requotes, but if you change the parameters, you won't be able to do anything, and the order that closed without the take profit or rolled over in time, and therefore would have made a profit, but the risks are high with requotes.

actually it is terrible only for the first orders in a series with minimal volume, so here you can replace the opening and closing of the first orders strictly by the market without takeovers and stoploops for them are very large so modification is possible, but the next orders in the grid should use pending and takeProfit

ex_kalibur:

i.e. if you open a buy order with Take Profit, put it at the level of the upper limit and conditions change, the upper limit slips down this is the problem - you can't do anything with the order, it will not close at take profit and you won't close at market, stop loss prevents it,

When you use a Take Profit and pendants, you are insured against requotes, but when you change the parameters, you won't be able to do anything, and the order that closed without the take profit or rolled over in time, and therefore would have made a profit, but the risks are high with requotes.

Who says that if a pending order reaches the freeze level, it will not close at take profit? It cannot be modified or deleted, but it must work out at all levels (both Take and Stop). The take will be triggered at the first touch, but the stop can be triggered with requotes at a worse price.

And if the position is already in the market, who can prohibit it from working with the take and stop parameters that have already been accepted by the trade server? Looks like if your brokerage company can do it - screw it.

Or urgently change your brokerage company - it smells like kitchen...

artmedia70:

And who says that when a pending order hits the FreezeLevel boundaries, it will not close at the take level? It simply cannot be changed or deleted, but all of its levels (both Take and Stop) must be fulfilled. The take will be triggered at the first touch, but the stop can be triggered with requotes at a worse price.

And if the position is already in the market, who can prohibit it from working with the take and stop parameters that have already been accepted by the trade server? Looks like if your brokerage company can do it - screw it.

Or urgently change your brokerage company - it smells like kitchen ...

i don't get it, of course if order is in market and take levels (stop level is not taken into consideration) the order will be closed when take level is reached - the problem is different

Example :

we open a Buy order at 1.3600 TP = 1.3615

The High variable at a certain time ( the time of opening the order and we suppose that the Stop-Loss allows to set the TP at the price of 1.3615) = 1.3615.

Then N time passes and the High variable changes its value to 1.3613 and modification of the order is disabled! The TP remains the same as 1.3615

here is the problem Bid = 1,3613 and here we should have turned to profit, or at least to close the order, since High has changed

But....

we can not close or roll over but the price doesn't reach TP and goes down, so now we have a negative result - one thing is that the sell order is in red, second, we missed the profit, High has really worked it out correctly and the price went down, etc. Soon as the stop loss allows to close the Buy order, the profit of this order is already in minus

if we don't use TP, we risk that at 1.3613 we will not be able to reverse because of requotes

that is what I wanted to tell you, that is why I think that we should still use market entry on the first order levels (ignoring requotes) and starting from the second one we can safely use pending orders and TP

Reason: