[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 994

Is Monday the Guru's day off? Where are you, oh gods of MQL?

Reshetov:

No one is stopping you from running several MT4s at the same time with optimisations of the same EA on different pairs.

If someone forbids it, then tell him that I allow it

i'm not stupid! that's a strange way to talk! have you tried to run several terminals of one broker at the same time? after installing and rebooting the computer i don't think you will even allow it yourself.

gawrik:

I'm not stupid! What a strange way to talk! Have you tried multiple terminals from one broker at the same time? After installing and rebooting the computer I don't think you can even allow yourself to do that!
i personally tried 6 terminals from one broker on one pair and it worked fine, albeit in the beginning i got a red eror window and terminal shut down. i just had to tear down the terminal and then i reinstall it and everything worked fine, at the moment i have 2 terminals on xanes and it is real))))

ex_kalibur:
I personally have tried 6 terminals from one broker on one pair, worked fine, however in the beginning a red error window appeared and the terminal shut down, I simply demolished the terminal and then installed it again and everything worked fine, at the moment 2 terminals on Lexnes and at the same time real))))

and after rebooting you had no problems starting up?

gawrik:

did you have any problems starting up after a restart?
No, every Friday I turn all terminals off and on Monday I turn them back on.

ex_kalibur:
No, every Friday I switch all the terminals off and on Monday I switch them back on.

Do you turn off the terminals or the computer? I also work fine until I reboot the computer

gawrik:

Do you turn off the terminals or the computer? I also work fine until I restart my computer
I do, but not always, and today I rebooted twice all day after installing updates, so there shouldn't be a problem and if there is it's a problem with your computer...

ex_kalibur:
I turn my computer off, but not always, and today I restarted twice all day after installing updates, so there shouldn't be a problem, but if there is then there's a problem with your computer...

probably because of Windows 7...

gawrik:

probably because of Windows 7...
I'm not good at admin and i've never encountered 7, it's always been xr.

ex_kalibur:
Is Monday really the Guru's day off? Where are you, oh gods of MQL?

I don't get it... Why do you need to calculate the average spread over n-number of bars of history in the function of defining trading criteria?

If you are going to use functions from the UK textbook, then it would make more sense to do it in the Events() function.

And just in it, look how SK suggests to trace the change of StopLevel of the broker. What prevents you from exactly the same way to track the change of spread and, if there is one, enter the next value in the array. Well, and when filling the array calculate its "average temperature in the hospital" (c) SK ...

Reason: