Twisting and turning, iMA's trying to cheat - page 11

Vladimir Karputov:

The type of execution "Take profit" in its essence is a market order. You cannot change it and there is no such a thing as a limit order.

Dmitiry Ananiev:
I used to think that TP is a limit order but Stop Loss is just a stop order. At least the TP order is executed at the declared price or better.

Yes, I was wrong. I have looked at the client agreement to be sure:

11.10 Buy Stop, Sell Stop, Stop Loss orders shall be executed at the current price at the time of order processing. Orders Buy Limit, Sell Limit, Take Profit are executed at the order price or better (positive slippage), if there are corresponding prices at the moment of processing of the order.

Vladimir Karputov:

Yes, I was wrong. I have looked in the client agreement to be sure:

11.10 Buy Stop, Sell Stop, Stop Loss orders shall be executed at the current price at the time of order processing. Orders Buy Limit, Sell Limit, Take Profit are executed at the price of the order or better (positive slippage), if there are corresponding prices at the moment of processing of the order.

That is not even the point. I need the EA to close orders at a strict price. At the price of tp or sl. And it closes whenever it wants after the price reaches thetake profit or stop loss level. This changes the situation very much. Here is how we should fix it. The order type should be changed. This should also be corrected somewhere with a simple line.

imtochukwu:

That's not even the point here. I need the EA to close orders at a strict price. At the price of TP or SL. But it closes whenever it wants after the price reaches the level of stop take profit or stop loss. This changes the situation very much. Here is how we should fix it. To change the order type. This should be corrected somewhere in a simple line.

I do not understand anything. If you havenot set the Stop Loss level to zero in the settings, this will be StopLoss and if you havenotset theTake Profit level to zero, this will be TakeProfit.

In general, accompany your next question with a screenshot and a detailed description.

Vladimir Karputov:

I don't understand anything. If you have setStop Loss level other than zero, it will be StopLoss, and if you have setTake Profit level other than zero, it will be TakeProfit.

In general, accompany your next question with a screenshot and a detailed description.

Vladimir, the matter is that if I trade forex via MT5, slippage is very frequent if my order is not limited to a pending one. A normal market order triggers just a signal to close a position. But a position is usually closed when the price rebounds from the level. In FORTS the price is constantly jumping because of the exchange quoting. Trading is not possible without limit orders. Especially when it comes to high-frequency algorithms. That's why the question is so sensitive with these limit orders.

imtochukwu:

Vladimir, the thing is that if you trade forex via MT5, there are very frequent slippages if the order is not a limited pending one. A normal market order triggers just a signal to close a position. But a position is usually closed when the price rebounds from the level. In FORTS the price is constantly jumping because of the exchange quoting. Trading is not possible without limit orders. Especially when it comes to high-frequency algorithms. That is why the question is so sensitive to these limit orders.
You may place additional limit orders instead of SL and/or TP positions.

Andrey Dik:
Instead of SL and/or TP positions you can set additional limit orders.
How can this be implemented by the algorithm?

imtochukwu:
How can this be implemented by an algorithm?

Unless you write your own class based on CExpert.

imtochukwu:
How can this be implemented by an algorithm?
Vladimir will hopefully answer, he's an expert on standard modules, I'm not.
zy.replied.

imtochukwu:
How can you implement this with an algorithm?

I recommend the article:

How to protect yourself and your Expert Advisor when trading on the Moscow Exchange
How to protect yourself and your expert when trading on the Moscow Exchange Table of Contents. INTRODUCTION CHAPTER 1. STREAMING PRICE DISCRETENESS AND METHODS TO COUNTERACT IT 1.1. Discreteness of streaming prices. Price gaps 1.2. Price spikes and 'studs' 1.3. Controlling maximum slippage with limit orders 1.4. Manual setting of a limit order controlling the slippage limit 1.5. Setting the slippage limit in the exchange execution mode by means of an Expert Advisor 1.6. Buy Stop Limit and Sell Stop Limit orders as an alternative to Buy Stop and Sell Stop orders 1.7. Setting Buy Stop Limit and Sell Stop Limit orders manually instead of Stop Loss levels 1.8. Replacing Stop Loss levels with Buy Stop Limit and Sell Stop Limit orders in your Expert Advisor CHAPTER 2. MARKET LIKE ANALYSIS 2.1. Calculate the amount of slippage before entering the market 2.2. Calculate the value of potential slippage in real time 2.3. SpreadRecord as a filter for entering the position 2.4. Manual and automatic limitation...

Articles | 2015.06.18 13:04|Vasiliy Sokolov| Examples | MetaTrader 5

Table of contents

Vladimir Karputov:

I recommend this article:

How to Protect Yourself and Your Expert Advisor When Trading on the Moscow Exchange
Table of Contents. INTRODUCTION CHAPTER 1. DISCRETENESS OF FLOW PRICES AND METHODS OF COUNTERACTION TO IT 1.1. Discreteness of flow prices. Price gaps 1.2. Price spikes and 'studs' 1.3. Controlling maximum slippage with limit orders 1.4. Manual setting of a limit order controlling the slippage limit 1.5. Setting the slippage limit in the exchange execution mode by means of an Expert Advisor 1.6. Buy Stop Limit and Sell Stop Limit orders as an alternative to Buy Stop and Sell Stop orders 1.7. Setting Buy Stop Limit and Sell Stop Limit orders manually instead of Stop Loss levels 1.8. Replacing Stop Loss levels with Buy Stop Limit and Sell Stop Limit orders in your Expert Advisor CHAPTER 2. MARKET LIKE ANALYSIS 2.1. Calculate the amount of slippage before entering the market 2.2. Calculate the value of potential slippage in real time 2.3. SpreadRecord as a filter for entering the position 2.4. Manual and automatic limit...

Articles | 2015.06.18 13:04|Vasiliy Sokolov| Examples | MetaTrader 5

Table of contents

Yes, the guide is very helpful. Will optimise
Reason: