Market theory - page 13

<br / translate="no">

Maybe this is my story will help traders here on the forum not to get discouraged after 2-3 years of failing or not quite succeeding in developing a trading system. It takes a lot more effort than it seems at first.

How long you think the system should work as an Expert Advisor to make you personally believe in its stability?

Useddd:

2 Don't mix business with business, have you even read my posts... This has nothing to do with your London-Irish... If he were another Ivanov from your "A", there would be a new topic of attraction or an attempt to say something. BUT he himself has stated his place in the scientific world. Not in a book or on a fence but on a forum, what London-Irish professors on a forum did not do. If they did they would talk about it here. So I do not understand the logic of "bringing in" outside cases that have no relation to the forum, as well as London-Ireland professors.

This is trading!!!! It's trading and money CONTRACTING!!!! If you don't like it, don't buy it!

It is very simple!

Don't like an indicator or expert, of which there are thousands - just don't take it !

Do you think that Yusuf abuses his authority? Well, this is his authority! He earned it and let him trade on it if he wants to! It belongs to him.

Does it seem to you that he is monetising his scientific credibility? Well that's what every scientist in the world has been doing for the last 2000 years. If a scientist can't monetise his scientific vtoritet, or doesn't even want to, then he's just a hardened theorist. What better way than to test a theory in practice if it brings another person visible benefit or income?

If you don't like free Metatrader with free quotes that cost Bloomberg or Reuters 20000 USD a year - don't take it.

Buy yourself another terminal for USD 1000 and quotes at USD 200 a month.

Is that so hard to understand?

Aww! Wake up guys!

06 01 - 03 02 2010:

AlexEros:

Personally, it took me 9 years (exactly) to create a trading system. And before that I had 5 years of uni and econometrics, graduate school at a top institute, work in banks, work in radio engineering, and trading with my own money at a time when no one knew about trading at all. I repeat: AFTER ALL THIS WORK, it took me exactly 9 years to build a more or less scientifically sound trading system. Mind you, I am familiar with the mathematical methods of economics, which Yusuf, the physicists here and of course the radiologists have no idea about, as they are all not economists. And in economics many methods of conventional physics don't work at all.

Put the history of TC for 10 years on file ( date, ochlc, signals ).

azfaraon:
From your point of view, how long the system should work as an Expert Advisor, so you personally make sure of its stability?

Not at all.

The MT4 tester is quite sufficient to assess the profitability of a system. But interpreting tester and optimiser results is a tricky art. Rosh said long time ago here - profit factor should be about 3.0 and the system should have a minimum of optimizable parameters, or they SHOULD change little in time.

If you think that, for example, a year on the demo - is quite a proof of profitability - you are mistaken. What is more important is the INTENTIONAL CONSTRUCTION of the system, its THEORETICAL FASCINATION. Not the usual "I combine Bollinger with three Machs, and bring Fibo levels to them, and then look at Renko breakdown" - because it is not a system. Yusuf has a system. It won't always work properly, but it is a system. He describes it in scientific terms and gives some kind of scientific reasoning for it. The rest of us are just fooling around.

07 01 - 04 02 2010:

AlexEros:

Not at all.

It was invented in 2006 and has been tested by tests since 1999 and still works (we are not talking about millions in profit) and yields up to 80% on average per annum. Do you think it has no right to life because it was invented by a man with an 8-year education?

AlexEros:

Not at all.

The MT4 tester is quite sufficient to assess the profitability of a system. But interpreting tester and optimiser results is a tricky art. Rosh said long time ago here - profit factor should be about 3.0 and the system should have a minimum of optimizable parameters, or they SHOULD change little in time.

If you think that for example a year on the demo - is quite a proof of profitability - then you are wrong. What is more important is the INTENTIONAL CONSTRUCTION of the system, its THEORETICAL FASCINATION. Not the usual "I combine Bollinger with three Machs, and bring Fibo levels to them, and then look at Renko breakdown" - because it is not a system. Yusuf has a system. It won't always work properly, but it is a system. He describes it in scientific terms and gives some kind of scientific reasoning for it. The rest of us are just fooling around.

Thanks for the support, from 01 Jan 2009 till now, SL=TP=300pp, T(period)=300 (days) - the only optimizable parameter (once a year), TF D1, fixed lot 0.01, EUR/USD:

There are 2300 bars in the history.
3945 ticks simulated.
Modeling quality n/a
Chart mismatch errors 0
Initial deposit 1000.00
Spread Current (20)
Net profit 12053.90
Total profit 30581.43
Total loss -18527.53
Profitability 1.65
Expected payoff 7.33
Absolute drawdown 48.63
Maximum drawdown 2694.86 (25.19%)
Relative drawdown 47.80% (2303.63)
Total trades 1645
Short positions (% win) 844 (65.28%)
Long positions (% win) 801 (60.67%)
Profitable trades (% of all) 1037 (63.04%)
Loss trades (% of all) 608 (36.96%)
Largest
largest profitable trade 29.99
losing trade -35.13
Average
profitable trade 29.49
losing trade -30.47
Maximum number
consecutive wins (profit) 91 (2686.55)
78 (-2523.61) continuous losses (loss)
Maximum
Continuous Profit (number of wins) 2686.55 (91)
Continuous loss (number of losses) -2523.61 (78)
Average
continuous wins 16
Continuous loss 9

AlexEros:

This is trading!!!! This is trading and money CONTRACTing!!!! If you don't like it, don't buy it!

It is very simple!

Don't like an indicator or expert, of which there are thousands - just don't take it !

Do you think that Yusuf abuses his authority? Well, this is his authority! He earned it and let him trade on it if he wants to! It belongs to him.

Do you feel like he's monetising his scientific credibility? Well that's what every scientist in the world has been doing for the last 2000 years. If a scientist can't monetize his scientific repute, or doesn't even want to do so, he's just a hardened theorist. What better way than to test a theory in practice if it brings another person visible benefit or income?

If you don't like free Metatrader with free quotes that cost Bloomberg or Reuters 20000 USD a year - don't take it.

Buy yourself another terminal for USD 1000 and quotes for USD 200 a month.

Is that so hard to understand?

Aww! Wake up guys!

Well then, sorry, I must answer with an equal post, if you do not like the criticism written on a public forum - just do not read it. Forum users have exactly the same rights to challenge his authority as he does to post it here.

And what does terminal, bloomberg and other irrelevant post have to do with it in this particular context? Kindly read your opponent's posts before replying to them. At this rate, you'll soon be inserting the world government, and problems of the therapists' sex lives, and innovations of consciousness after 9 years of research into a post on a specific situation, and then, if you're lucky, touch on the essence of what you're responding to.

Useddd:

Well then, I'm sorry, I'll respond with an equivalent post, you don't like the criticism written on a public forum, just don't read it. Forum users have exactly the same rights to challenge his authority as he does to post it here.

And what does terminal, bloomberg and other irrelevant post have to do with it in this particular context? Kindly read your opponent's posts before replying to them. At this rate, you'll soon be inserting the world government, and problems of the therapists' sex life, and innovation of consciousness after 9 years of research, and then, if you're lucky, touching the essence of what you're responding to in a post on a particular situation.

And there was the word "guys" in the plural. That is, it doesn't refer to you specifically, but more to all the scofflaws whose counter-productive cliques have flooded this forum of late.